“Truly enjoyable break”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Ireland
“Truly enjoyable break”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stay for one night at the Clarion Hotel cork with friends of our last Saturday night.
I couldnt recommend highly enough the efficiency and care of the staff right from the start when i booked the break to our departure.
Lunch in the Kudos on Saturday was devine, Dinner at Sinergie and breakfast on Sunday were georgous and Suzie and her colleague in the Essence Spa have to be complimented, we enjoyed treatments thats were luxurious. Many thanks also to Lloyd.
The location of the hotel is a 5 min walk from the city centre so and ideal location for a shopping break!! We would definitely consider returned to the Clarion again and highly recommend it for a relaxing break.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Dear CC11,
On behalf of the management and staff of the Clarion Hotel Cork I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
It was great that you had the time to enjoy the facilities of our SanoVitae Leisure Centre & Essence Spa.
I have passed your compliments on to all the staff involved in making your stay pleasurable especially Suzie & Lloyd.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Turkish first
dorset uk
Reviewed September 21, 2009

excellent and professional staff.Room and facilities as expected or better.Food,especially the asiatic in the bar was a pleasant surprise.The helpful staff were much appreciated.Recommended without reserve.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear highlandergordon,
It is great to read such a pleasant review and be able to give such positive feedback to our hard working team here in the hotel.
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us in Cork.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel very soon.

Many thanks,

Co Kerry
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Friendly Welcome and helpful staff. Lovely Roomwith fresh towels, bathroom supplies and coffee tea and hot chocolate condoments left in the room every day. Good Food. Conveniant location beside the river close to Bus Station and city centre.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dear milkyjoe22,
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork very soon where you are sure of a warm welcome.

GY
Reviewed September 15, 2009

an excellent hotel; service etc. great; a nice place

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear uedelh,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I have passed your kind comments onto our staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future.

kilkenny
Reviewed September 14, 2009

stayed on a saturday night with 3 young children 6, 4 and 2 great sized family room great welcome at check in kids toys available very family friendly could not fault service or amazing staff will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Dear rjko9,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments.
I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your break in Cork and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the near future.

donegal
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed in this hotel while I was attending some conferences in cork in August. I have never experienced such a welcome from staff and they were extremely friendly. The food was great and the hotel is only a short walk from the city centre. This is definately my hotel of choice in future when I am in cork.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dear marnyDonegal,
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the central location of the hotel here on Lapps Quay. We are lucky to be in such close proximity to Patrick St for shopping needs and Oliver Plunkett St for socialising.
I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel who are delighted that you enjoyed their hospitality.

Dublin
Reviewed September 9, 2009

As I previously resided in Cork and was returning there for a short visit I decided to treat myself to a one night stay at the Clarion and I was certainly not disappointed. On arrival I was told that I had been upgraded to an executive suite but I wasn't exactly sure what that meant until I experienced the blissful comfort of my accomadation.

The room was huge and beautifully clean and the bed was super confortable. I enjoyed a fantastic bath with lovely soap products. All in all a very pleasant stay.

The pool and leisure facilities are also wonderful and the beautician was also good enough to fit me in between her appointments.

What a treat!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Dear Jenny84,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Cork.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the near future.