“Great hotel”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The Clarion Hotel Cork was clean, spacious, and the staff was wonderful. Free Wi-Fi and there's a computer in the mezzanine for guests which came in VERY handy when our plans changed. The restaurant seemed pricey so we avoided it. There are 2 coffee "cubes" right outside of the hotel where you can grab a quick breakfast for less $$$. Parking is in the underground garage and, once we figured out how to get our ticket validated, was reasonably priced. We stayed in a triple - 3 single beds, nice decor and a HUGE bathroom. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

Dear asnj

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Cork. It gives all the staff a great boost to see that our guests enjoy our hotel facilities and services so much.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

Wonderful hotel, great location close to shopping, the English Market and lots of lovely restaurants in the vicinity - recommend the Brassiere Club next door.

The staff were great and the air conditioned rooms overlooking the river were lovely. All the staff were very friendly and efficient and the breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. Will definitely go back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cgrainne4

Dear cgrainne4,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Clarion Hotel Cork I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

We have recently improved our breakfast selection so it is great to see the positive feedback on this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork very soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

The Clarion in Cork city certainly deserves success. All the staff are very efficient and friendly. The hotel room I was upgraded to was truly spectacular. The food was great, the business centre was great, there is ample car parking and a great swimming pool.
I agree with the last reviewer, this hotel is up there with the best 5* hotels at a much friendlier price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
19  Thank CIARB
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2009

Dear CIARB,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard.
I have taken the liberty of printing your review and putting it on display on our staff notice board in order to extend your compliment to all staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork very soon where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

From the moment we checked in, we were made to feel very welcome. All the staff from reception, to the leisure club and bar were very pleasant and had a genuine desire to look after us. Our room was really great, with a balcony overlooking the river and boardwalk which is such a nice place to sit and relax. We had dinner in Kudo's and my friend who has lived in Asia for quite a while was very inpressed with the food, as was I. Breakfast was also very nice. The location of the hotel is a big plus, only a few minutes walk to the main shopping area. I would definitely recommend the Clarion whether your stay is for business or leisure.

Dear TobyGalway,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We get some great feedback on our Kudos menu as i believe it to be a little bit different but reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

After staying in several different hotels in several different cities around the country of Ireland, the Clarion in Cork is by far the best hotel we visited. Ivan at the front desk was wonderful, friendly, and extremely helpful. The room was very modern, clean and comfortable and affordable. It even had air conditioning! The next time we are in Ireland, we will only stay at Clarion hotels! Rated only a 4 star hotel......I would give it more than 5 if I could!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferkayredford

Dear jenniferkayredford,

It is great to read such a pleasant review and be able to give such positive feedback to our hard working team here in the hotel, especially Ivan.
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us in Cork and to label us "The Best Hotel in Ireland" is a huge compliment and one we are truly grateful for.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel very soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Cork as part of a group of twenty. I made the group booking and from the minute I spoke to reservations to the minute we left the hotel (on a busy weekend in June), i couldnt recommend the hotel or its staff highly enough. The rooms and the hotel in general was extremely clean, bright & modern. The staff were friendly, curteous , professional and extremely helpful. The manager on duty Samantha was professional, polite and a joy to deal with. Its city centre location was convenient to both shopping and nightlife. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely go back again.

Dear MulligansGalway,

I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel who are delighted that you enjoyed their hospitality.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Reviewed June 19, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on the 5th of June and I must say it surpassed my expectations. Everything we needed was there and more. The staff were 5 star and the location is perfect. I definitly hope to return in the near future.

Dear Colm-SRFC,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the central location of the hotel here on Lapps Quay. We are lucky to be in such close proximity to Patrick St for shopping needs and Oliver Plunkett St for socialising.