“Great location, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Chicago
“Great location, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights recently. One small story. Had to get a 6am bus, so it was too early for breakfast. (5.30am) Staff prepared a toasted cheese sandwich, coffee, bananas and water for me to see me off. Never charged me and went out of their way to make sure I was well taken care of.

Lovely staff, who really care about your experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shawn1970
guestrelations101, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your superb review. Our staff are our greatest asset and are always dedicated to ensuring our guests have an exceptional stay. I know all the team read the reviews and they will be delighted to read yours.

I look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Darragh Brady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Kerry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Staed in this hotel over the holiday period
Found it to be very clean, though bathrooms need updating
Staff were very friendly, reception were excellent
only negative bar staff were friendly but need training on the basics of beverage services
will be back

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It's always a great compliment to us when we hear a guest wishes to return. I have taken all your feedback on board, which is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Portlaoise, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for new years eve. There was a wedding going on and the hotel was busy but a warm welcome and nice atmosphere. The room was perfect with a spacious bathroom, a nice big wardrobe and a lovely big window looking out over the rest of the hotel. Balconies on the way to the room. Before we got ready to go out we went back down to the bar and the atmosphere was so nice we reluctantly left to get ready to go out. We later came back after one and the residents bar was hopping, great live music still going which convinced us to stay down a little longer. We had a great time there with other guests. Breakfast was served till 12 and when we went down there was any amount of self service food you wanted. The hot breakfast buffet was also self service and the food was really good. We were both very happy with the quality and quantity. Parking the car for the night was reasonable at 10 euro also. The staff were friendly at all times. If I had one complaint I would say the hotel was too warm but there was aircon in the rooms. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere thanks for your review. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make your New Year’s celebrations extra special. All our team worked very hard to during this time and they will be delighted to read your great praise.

I look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed the night of 30.12. We needed a break from a full house over Christmas and the Clarion and its staff gave us what we needed. On looking at reviews I asked for a room with a window that opened and we were given a room on the 5th floor with a balcony . So we got brilliant views over the city and were well away from any noise from the wedding on that day. To be fair when we ate in the Kudos bar that night we could not hear the wedding music at all. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful particularly in the bar and on reception. The bar staff even persuaded me to try murphy s instead of Guinness !
We will return to stay here as not only because of the positives above it is also a short walk to the main shopping area. I am told this is an added bonus !

Room Tip: Room with a window that opens on the 5th floor.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear irishstew7,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and your room here in the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I’m delighted that you found the staff so attentive and friendly. Our staff are our greatest asset and I have already passed on all your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future. Be sure to keep watch on our website for our latest special offers.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great location over looking the river. The hotel is modern very busy. We booked a room with a balcony over looking the river lee. When we arrived we were given a room which had no balcony or river view. After about 20 mins of receptions staff has moved us to the room we had booked. The room was excellent one of the best i have been in and the view over the city and river was brilliant. Bar in the hotel is lively and the food within the hotel complex was excellent. Definitly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rjm81,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted you liked our balcony rooms, they are always in demand, and the views of Cork are spectacular. It sounds like you really enjoyed the atmosphere our bar Kudos and our fabulous food throughout your stay – which is always great to hear.

Antrim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights just after xmas 2013 with my wife and two daughters. This is a really lovely hotel on the banks of the river lee. It was our first ever visit to Cork and this turned out to be an excellent choice to stay as it is so close to the city centre and most of the sites. Our two rooms were quite large with a double and single bed in each and plenty of space. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. We didn't dine in Oysters restaurant as it seemed a bit quiet and expensive but we did eat in Kudus bar and restaurant and this was really good with a busy lively atmosphere any time of the day. The staff in Kudus were particularly attentive especially Emma from Co. Clare who gave us some good tips for sightseeing the city as well as providing us with excellent service for our food and drinks. She just knew the right time to ask if we needed anything else. To be honest the staff throughout the hotel were really lovely and nothing was too much trouble for any of them from receptionists to cleaners. In general we found the Cork people to be very friendly and helpful at all times. The city is not the biggest but is steeped in history and (on Emmas recommendation) we visited the Jameson Distillery in Middleton as well as Cork Gaol and Foto Island wildlife park. All are well worth the visit. There is nothing really negative anyone of us could say about this hotel though one small detail I think management may wish to look at was the number of children and some adults we noticed dressed in their pyjamas in the breakfast room and also at night in the hotel foyer. Maybe its just us but we felt it lowered the standard of the hotel somewhat. My wife and I have stayed in hotels all over the world and too be honest we think its the first time we ever saw this. Anyways apart from this point we would definitely stay in the Clarion again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear gerryirishman,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would also like to thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel, in particular our Kudos Restaurant, and our breakfast buffet. I’m delighted to hear that you found our staff very friendly and efficient, especially Emma, this is a very high priority in our hotel.
It is great to hear you found time to sightsee Cork, as you discovered there are many great places to explore.
I’m delighted to hear that you will definitely return to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Be sure to keep watch on our website for our latest special offers.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here before Xmas 2013. Had a wonderful time. Location perfect and could drive out to Fota Island not far away. Rooms were very clean and family rooms had plenty of space for children to play around in. Pool a great benefit when traveling with children and gym perfect for those who want to stay fit when on a break. Staff lovely and friendly love this hotel

Room Tip: Family room for children perfect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Cricketcove,

Thank you for taking the time for posting such a great five star review. I’m delighted to hear that you and your family had both an enjoyable and relaxing break here in the Clarion Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms so spacious for your family and that you all got a chance to enjoy our swimming pool - which is always loved by families.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future, in which I will ensure you all will have another great stay. Be sure to keep watch on our website for our latest special offers.