“Brilliant”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Brilliant”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved every minute of my stay here! The service was amazing andcthe staff were incredibly helpful and friendly! The beds were very comfortable and the air con was a treat as it was a v hot night :) A member if the staff handed us out water bottles as we waited in line to check out! The spa and pool facilities were heavenly ! Ill certainly be back :)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent a week at the Clarion while looking for somewhere to live in Cork city. Our room was comfortable and the price reasonable, but most impressive was the service. The people at the front desk were always friendly and very willing to help us out, including answering some non-typical tourist questions about getting set up in Ireland! The location is very close to the bus station, which was convenient, but also close to the main part of town. The pool and fitness facilities were excellent (although on one visit there was way too much chlorine in the pool, but when we mentioned it to the staff they said they would check it straight away). Overall a great option if you are visiting cork for business or pleasure.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear AlisonP,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review.

I am delighted to hear that the Clarion and its team were so great to assist to assist you during your first week settling into Cork. Our staff really are our greatest asset and we are always willing to assist. It is great you got to avail of Sanovitae Health & Fitness Club – they provide excellent services & an array of classes.

Now that you are settling in Cork, we look forward to welcoming you back as a member to Sanovitae Health & Fitness Club, or for some lunch/dinner to Kudos.

Dublin
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed in the Clarion Hotel last week-end for a Hen celebration. We all had a super time and were delighted with The Clarion Hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean and very modern. The facilities in the hotel were very good and the ambiance was amazing. Kudos restaurant was so handy and I loved the outdoor seating especially as it was o sunny outside.

All staff we encountered were friendly, polite and very helpful. We received a warm welcome and everybody really enjoyed the stay. From reception staff to bar staff to housekeeping, they were all so nice and friendly.

One staff member in particular called Anthony who is part of your security team was very funny, professional and really made the girls feel safe. He made us feel so welcome when we arrived in at 3am and was so funny without realising it. He is an asset to your company as he made other parties feel very welcome and made everyone laugh. He was the highlight of our night as we had such a laugh.

Thank you for making our trip a one to remember. I will definitely recommend the Clarion Cork for a great break.

Room Tip: We had a lovely Executive suite over looking the River Lee ......it was lovely :-)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stargazing2
Dear Angelodazzel,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I know all the staff read the reviews and will be delighted to read yours, especially Anthony.

I am delighted you enjoyed the great ambience throughout our hotel, Kudos, our outdoor seating area, and the rooms. It is great to hear that the Clarion and its team were able to make such a special occasion that extra bit more enjoyable for you all.

We look forward to welcoming you and all your friends back again in the near future. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Warmest regards,

cork ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a number of years ago which was great,but this time, it was a little disappointing, in that the bedroom needs redecorating.
Breakfast, girl did not understand ( or seem to want to!! which made matters worse) what a healthy omelette was, when I asked for one yoke with 2 whites omelette,I have never had a problem with this before,as we have found over the years people are looking for healthy options.
Very good point about this hotel was The fish restaurant, where we had our evening meal,it was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mary2144,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always delighted to see our guests returning but I am disappointed you didn’t have the same experience as your previous stay.
I would like to apologise for any mis-communications with our staff. Customer service is a high priority in our hotel and retraining has been given to all our breakfast staff to ensure issues like this are dealt with better going forward.
Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback in which we will use it to fine tune our operations.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and my experience was excellent.
I cannot find fault with the hotel.
Check in at reception was among the best I've found in any hotel in any country - staff member named Donna was professional, efficient and friendly.
The room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Comfortable chairs and work station were great as was the super fast free wifi.
I didn't eat in the hotel as I had other plans.
The corridors were quiet at night.
There is an underground, secure car park.
The rate was only €10 more than the inn next door and is worth it for the extras.
Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Redsionnach,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your recent stay. It is fantastic to hear that our team impressed you so much. The fact that the Clarion Cork exceeded your expectations and ticked all the boxes is very rewarding for all of us here.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed at The Clarion Hotel for one night while we were in Cork due to a concert in the Marquee. We all are both extremely happy with our stay; our room was spacious, practical and equipped with all the essentials. The staff are extremely friendly, professional and make you feel welcome instantly. One particular friendly and helpful member of staff was named Valerie.

As we were attending the Marquee that night The Clarion had organised a shuttle bus where Valerie had the job of rounding all of us up for the shuttle bus to and from the Marquee which made our night stress free. My friends and I also attended Kudos restaurant where the food was delicious.

Nice touches throughout our stay were; welcome biscuits that were delivered to our room as well as on checking out we received bottle water, perhaps the receptionist knew we had a long night out on the town and needed some refreshing water! I would definitely return to The Clarion Hotel without a doubt in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NollaigOC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay and for your very kind comments – it’s always a pleasure.

It sounds like you had a great night at the Marquee and I’m delighted you like your extra touches we provide.

Kolobrzeg, Poland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We decided to book there as it was one of the closest hotels to the Live at the Marquee venue. Good decision. They provided the courtesy bus to take us to and from the concert, which was very nice. Breakfast was great and their coffee is so delicious. The only disappointment was our bedroom with 2 single beds put together rather than with double bed. Good service, nice staff members.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Maja G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive review and that it proved the right decision to stay.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our great breakfast, coffee, and got to avail of our Marquee Shuttle bus. It is especially great to hear that you found our staff so welcoming - customer service is a high priority in our hotel.