“First Class Service”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I are delighted with our stay here. The staff in Reception are friendly, helpful, polite and extremely professional. We were immediately made to feel welcome to the hotel. Our room was clean and practical - we loved the view over the river from the balcony. We enjoyed our evening meal in the Asian influenced restaurant Kudos on site. We took advantage of the 15 Euro deal - main course and a pint of Heineken before heading to a concert at the LATM. We enjoyed our meal - they did mix up my husband's order but he was secretly pleased and delighted with what he got and when the manager realized there was a mix-up he insisted on 20% discount on our bill. The complimentary shuttle service to and from the LATM is a great perk - it saved a 15 min walk in 2 in heels! Breakfast was the usual fare. A great stay and if we go back to Cork city we will check the availability in the Clarion first.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river
1  Thank Lesleydent
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Lesleydent,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your five star review.
It is great to hear that our staff made you feel so welcome. I know all our staff read the reviews and will be delighted to read yours.

It sounds like you had a great stay and I’m delighted you got to avail of our €15 Asian Meal Deal and our very popular Marquee shuttle bus. Apologies for any confusion on your meal, and I’m glad to hear everything was resolved quickly.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Extremely effecient and polite front desk staff. I mentioned that my husband and I were attending a local concert and was impressed that the hotel offered a free shuttle service to The Marque. Our room (602) was conventienly located next to the elevator. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. An added bonus was the lovely bacony with a nice view of the river and city customs house. We did not have ANY problems with noise at this hotel. The bar staff were very professional and accomodating. I ordered Room Service for breakfast and was quite impressed with the food and presentation (lovely wooden tray with a vased flower). The breakfast was cooked to perfection and imagine that the orange juice was freshly squeezed. Check-out was just as efficient and the taxi ordered by the hotel arrived in a matter of minutes.
The hotel is very conveniently located to High Street shopping and also offers an impressive variety of VERY reasonably priced Spa treatments. I will definately be using this hotel again and will highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room 602 is lovely and sunny with a balcony....but great blackout curtains and no street noise!!

Dear MSWeldon,

Thank you for your great review. I’m delighted you enjoyed the quality & comfort of our hotel, and all our amenities.

It’s great to hear you got to avail of our Marquee shuttle bus, and to treat yourself to some time in our Essence Spa.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room itself and the check-in process were fine; however, my wife and I had a huge problem with noise from an event from what I assume was the hotel's restaurant in the evening. It was like being in a nightclub. After a couple of hours of this, I called the front desk to see when it would stop, and was told it would be past midnight. My wife and I were unable to sleep while the noise was occurring.

I understand that hotels generally have some level of noise from other guests, the street, and other factors outside of its control, but this level of noise, caused by an event on the hotel's premises, continuing past midnight, is unacceptable. I would not even consider staying here again after this experience.

2  Thank Jeremy K
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Jeremy K

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would also like to thank you for your very positive comments about our great check-in service, and the rooms.

However, we are disappointed and appologise, that your stay was tainted by noise. We have taken all your feedback on board and will use it to fine tune our operations.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Clarion cork we would like to thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The fastest check-in ever in my life. Less than 2 min including transfer arrangements. The receptionist was super. Comfortable rooms, well-equipped. The room service was quick but the Ceasar salad was disappointing. At 05.00 in the morning, another great receptionist prepared himself a tea for me when I was waiting for my taxi. Plus, very good free WIFI

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Christina_AK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your recent stay. It is fantastic to hear that our team impressed you so much. The fact that the Clarion Cork exceeded your expectations is very rewarding for all of us here. My apologies that your salad was disappointing, I have discussed this with our head chef who has already taken corrective action.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with 2 friends during the weekend. We were going to a concert in the Marquee. The staff welcoming were so helpfull and friendly. Then when we got to the room it was spacious and clean. The staff really went above and beyond to look after us. We eat at the restaurant Kudos and had something to eat before we headed off to the Marquee. The food was delicious and fast. The hotel was very accomadating to people who were attending the concerts with a free shuttle which was very well organised! All in all from parking, to the room, the restaurant and brakfast and the staff it was all amazing! I cannot say one bad thing about it.

• Stayed: June 2013
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Nadiairl,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for writing such a fantastic 5 star review.

We were delighted to hear that our hotel & staff exceeded all your expectations. I know all our staff read the reviews and will be delighted to read yours. It is great to hear that you had such a great time at the marquee and that you enjoyed our free shuttle bus service – we do get very excited about the marquee here in the Clarion!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion at the weekend and from start to finish it was fantastic. We booked a triple room which normally consists of a double bed and a single but we were delighted it was 3 single beds. The staff from Reception, Bar, Waitress and Door staff were top class, so helpful and friendly. We were attending a concert at The Marquee and were thrilled to be informed at Reception of a complimentary bus service to and from The Marquee and afterwards there was entertainment and great craic in the Resident's bar. We also ate dinner earlier in the evening in Kudos restaurant and the food was fantastic and good prices too. I really can not fault this hotel and would definitely stay again. Well impressed and if every hotel had staff like this it would make holidays so much better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Suzi650,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay. It is fantastic to hear that our team impressed you so much. The fact that the Clarion Cork exceeded your expectations is very rewarding for all of us here.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for business last week since my 2 preferred choices (hayfield manor and river lee) were full.

The first night I arrived (a Monday) I was trying to get some work done and there was loads of noise either coming from outside or the hotel - I couldn't figure where from music and people making noise until gone 11pm...then after that there was all the noise of the people in the street. As a result I didn't get to sleep until around 1am...not ideal for a day of meetings the next day. Thankfully the next day was better otherwise I would have asked to be moved as two nights of poor sleep would have just been too much!

Service was good staff were attentive when you made a request.

Room - the bath was small and grotty looking. Room was a decent size but of the typical business type bland variety of hotel room.

Food - I had room service on the first night since I was trying to get work done and ordered some dishes from their Asian variety which just tasted as though ready made sauces and spring rolls, ie I can't imagine any of it was actually made from scratch on site!

• Stayed: June 2013
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear RachC1,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect and that you only experienced one night’s restful sleep. We are dedicated to ensuring that you do have a good night’s sleep when you stay with us and do follow a noise procedure of warning disrupting guests that they will be removed from the hotel on any further disturbances. In regard to your concern about the food, I can assure all our food is freshly cooked on-site.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.