Clayton Hotel Cork City
$369
Cork Airport Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$223
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,570 results
All reviewsclarion hotelkudos barthe riveranne mariecork cityhen partythe penthouseoliver plunkett streetcar parkmodern hotelcentral locationbus stationlast weekendgreat weekendexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Front desk staff were polite but the parking and room were a little less than we expected. The entrance to the below ground car park is on a one way street and is hard to find - down a very narrow ramp to find few available (really narrow) parking spaces allocated to hotel guests. The room decor was average with some wear and stains on upholstery but adequate. The problem was that although we were very grateful for the lovely sunny, warm weather, the air conditioner would only blow warm air and the room was overheated and stuffy. We were told "nothing can be done tonight" when we called for assistance. We did have windows that we were able to open but although the hotel may have had no control over the issue, there was a group of very loud and hostile (profanity, threats) individuals gathered on the street level into the wee hours that forced us to close the windows and suffer in the heat. Good internet service and just a short walk to the city centre - check out The English Market. Excellent meal in the Oysters restaurant.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on low floors on the street with the car park entrance due to noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear lebarrett,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you found our staff polite and welcoming. We appreciate your kind comments on our complimentary wifi, and are pleased that you found the location so central.

In relation to the car park, we appreciate your concern for limited spacing but we have no control over the availability as it is a public car park, however it has 24hour security and we never experienced to date any guest who didn’t get a parking space. Regarding the wear & tear in the room, we are renovating the rooms on an on-going basis and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. I would like to further apologies that our air-conditioning didn’t satisfy you, I have reported this to our maintenance team.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked one night here as a treat. I had a big full day presentation the next day and wanted a swim and jacuzzi to relax. Staff were great. Room was lovely. Clean, comfortable, great view. The floor around the pool was dirty with puddles of dirty water. Very slippery. I had dinner in my room and it was very poor. No flavour. By 10.30pm there was massive noise on my landing. I had to ask teenagers to move from outside my door. There was very loud partying noises coming from a room somewhere on my floor. I complained and it improved a little but was sporadic so just as I'd drop off to sleep another door would bang or a scream or laughter. This went on till nearly 1am. There was also music coming from the bar below. I had breakfast in my room. Horrible instant coffee in a pot, no salt and pepper which was needed as food really bland and the eggs were molded into a round shape and probably could have been bounced off the walls.
I told reception upon checkout about my disturbed sleep and she apologised and empathised but that was it. All could have been put right with a discount or my room service knocked off the bill. It wasn't worth the extra money due to the food, noise and dirty pool floor. It was worth it for the room and the staff (generally). Bed was fab so if I'd had quiet it would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Happygolucky33,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the service of the front desk staff, and the quality and comfort in your room.

Regarding your comment about our food, I have discussed the points you raised with our Head Chef, who is currently taking corrective action. In relation to the pool area, our team in Sanovitae carry-out structured hourly cleaning checks. We apologise if you found the pool area unsatisfactory during your visit, but our team do try our best to maintain it at all times.

Furthermore, we are sorry to hear that you were disturbed by neighbouring guests.
Your comments are most welcome to me, as it is feedback like this that allows us to operate at such a high standard, and achieve our goal of exceeding our guests’ expectations. I do hope that I can welcome you back soon so you can yourself see the positive results of your feedback.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a lovely hotel. It is ideal situated, not far from the bus station and a 5 minute walk into the main shops. Staff were so friendly and pleasant. Rooms immaculate as we're all he public areas. If you want a lovely hotel in a great location, do not go passed this.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pools,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to hear that our hotel & staff exceeded all your expectations. I know all our staff read the reviews and will be delighted to read yours.

I am looking forward to welcoming you all back again in July, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good location beside the main bus station and walking distance to the shopping area's. The WIFI was fast. We did get a room beside the room and was a little noisy. The restaurant was very expensive. Really liked the design of the lounge with the stairway leading up to the bedrooms and conference area. Had a nice time in Cork and will return when down this part of the country.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear psI1988,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and providing us with feedback. It is feedback like this that allows us to operate at such a high standard, and achieve our goal of exceeding our guests’ expectations.

I am looking forward to welcoming you all back again in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been travelling around Ireland and I must say we loved this hotel, Rooms were perfect, sparkly clean and housekeeping always had the place spotless when we came back in the evening. The food was delicious and we had a good time in the bar with many a stag and hen party passing through. I cant say their was much interaction with the staff but anyone we did speak with were lovely, Will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Lauren J,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and it is great to hear that our services meet all your expectations and more.

We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back again in the near future, in which we will ensure you both have another great stay.