“Lovely Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Toronto, ON
“Lovely Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My children (ages 12 & 15) and I stayed for a night on Friday, November 30, 2012. This was one of our splurge hotels during a 3 week tour of the UK & Ireland, and it was a lovely treat. Everything was seamless from check-in to check-out. The front desk staff were all very helpful and extremely pleasant. Our room was spacious and very clean, with all the amenities. We did grab a quick bite in Kudos upon our arrival, which served as a late lunch (we had traveled from Dublin). We chose to have dinner in the city, as we were only in Cork for the evening and we wanted to have a look around. What a beautiful city! It was all dressed up for Christmas and very busy with shoppers and visitors. I look forward to returning one day for a longer visit. My only comment on the hotel would pertain to the pool...this is not really a child-friendly pool. It is part of the gym-spa downstairs and seems to be designed more for swimming laps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear GG296,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review - we really appreciate it and I know that my team read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours, especially the Front Desk Staff & Kudos staff.

If sounds like you really had a great time exploring Cork during your stay. Cork really is such a beautiful city, there is something for everyone to do and see.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you will have another great stay. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

Warmest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recently stayed here for 4 nights (it was our 2nd stay at this hotel). Extremely helpful on arrival, and we were given a nice room with a balcony. Hubby is from Cork, and I lived there for several years, so no need for maps etc, but it is nice that they are offered. I used the fitness facilities, and the staff there were also really helpful and pleasant. Had a spa treatment, which was on special offer, and was great value and nice and relaxing. Breakfast is fine for the price. They were offering tasters from their Asian menu as we were leaving in the evening, food is OK, but you are within walking distance of some really good restaurants (I wouldn't recommend the resto next door.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear LAOH75,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review and for your very kind words, its especially great getting such good reviews from someone that knows Cork well.

I’m delighted you got time to get a relaxing treatment in our Essence Spa, it’s always nice to take time out for yourself. Customer service is a high priority with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you both back again soon to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you both have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on New Years Eve. The hotel was very busy, but I couldn't fault it. Rooms are nice, spacious and clean. We didn't dine at the hotel though as they were only offering a set menu and it didn't suit the entire party. We did have a few drinks at the bar though, staff were fast and efficient. The next day we woke up pretty late, breakfast was over but the staff still managed to have breakfast sent to the room. Then upon check out we were offered bottles of water which I though was a really nice touch as we did over indulge the night before. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Mazzyward,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your brilliant review about our hotel.

I am delighted to see that you and your party had such a fantastic time during your recent stay with us in the Clarion Hotel Cork and I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, in which I will personally ensure that you will have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, and can enter our competitions.

Warmest Regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Company event; December 2012.
Concerns regarding very poor customer service by senior management; especially regarding false promises by Clarion staff to get back to me on a complaint that I had made.

Discussed at length with two managers at the Clarion my concerns and issues. Full account of poor customer experience regaled.

Waited for a response.

I had to leave a message for the manager dealing with my complaint as he never got back to me when he said he would.

I emailed two senior managers at this hotel to follow up on the complaint I had made, including emailing the General Manager, and I never got an email back...

Manager dealing with complaint eventually responsed (following messages); explained regret of poor customer experience, acknowledged my poor experience and offered a meeting to rectify the experience. Damage done, fix too complicated and delayed. Distant and poor interaction.

Re location: a homeless shelter is located alongside the hotel, alcoholics and degenerates at front and side of hotel.

Cleanliness: multiple Christmas parties, every single public space was in caos.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CoJoR
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was here in late november it was a brillant experience and i loved the town aswell as the hotel..i got the soup and sandwich in restaurant that was my only dissapointing part of the holiday the bread was gone off soup was salty thats all...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear aaron m,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed Cork, which is great to hear. I am disappointed to hear about the food you received. I can assure you I have already taken action on this issue. However, I am delighted that our exceptional service made up for this and that you had an overall fantastic stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice hotel clean room helpful staff and close to centre of town.Usual stuff tea coffee making nice touch if on business is an iron in the room. Only took breakfast but it was very good. It only a short ride form Cork airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank brennP
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear brennP,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, in which I will personally ensure you have another great stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

i recently stayed here for 2 nights and thought the hotel was very good . staff very helpful . room was good , clean and had iron , tea and coffee making facilities. well located --short walk to patrick st . we ate in kudos --mostly asian food but a few european dishes ,abit pricey for what you get . a very good restaurant near the hotel is market lane --a must if you can make it . excellent menu . good value for money. staff pleasant.all in all would return to this hotel as i felt it was good value for what we paid .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear erin032,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your great 5 star review. I know that all the team here in the Clarion Cork read all the reviews and they will be delighted to read yours.

I am delighted that all our staff were so friendly and welcoming to you during your stay. Our dedicated team are our greatest asset and really do take pride in their work and ensuring that each guest are enjoying their stay.