“Nice hotel for Cork centre” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel for Cork centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice hotel clean room helpful staff and close to centre of town.Usual stuff tea coffee making nice touch if on business is an iron in the room. Only took breakfast but it was very good. It only a short ride form Cork airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank brennP
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear brennP,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, in which I will personally ensure you have another great stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

i recently stayed here for 2 nights and thought the hotel was very good . staff very helpful . room was good , clean and had iron , tea and coffee making facilities. well located --short walk to patrick st . we ate in kudos --mostly asian food but a few european dishes ,abit pricey for what you get . a very good restaurant near the hotel is market lane --a must if you can make it . excellent menu . good value for money. staff pleasant.all in all would return to this hotel as i felt it was good value for what we paid .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear erin032,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your great 5 star review. I know that all the team here in the Clarion Cork read all the reviews and they will be delighted to read yours.

I am delighted that all our staff were so friendly and welcoming to you during your stay. Our dedicated team are our greatest asset and really do take pride in their work and ensuring that each guest are enjoying their stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and was very impressed with the feeling of space and comfort. The hotel is approx 5 mins walk from the shops, pubs and cafes in Cork and very convieniently located for the bus station and regular buses to the airport. I had emailed ahead to ask if we could have a river view if possible, which was accomodated. Was very pleasantly surprised to find we had a balcony, which would be really lovely in the warmer months of the year. The beds were extremely comfortable and we were glad to have an opening window (a rarity in modern hotels) as the room was very warm.

A real thumbs up should be given to the staff of this hotel; our booking was fairly complicated due to some of our party arriving a day earlier and others departing a day later. This made check in 'fun', however the member of staff who served us was really good humored and when he later saw us in the hotel asked if we were ok and needed anything. Equally on check out we had picked up a room service charge (I very rarely use room service). The immediate assumption from the receptionist was that it was not our fault and an apology was forthcoming. Not sure how the charge was made to our room when it was a room service item which clearly would have been delivered elsewhere but there were no issues whatsoever with having this removed from our bill. It's the little touches that make a difference.

If I had one minor complaint it would be that we didn't really enjoy our lunchtime sandwich in Kudos. The service was also a little surly, but hey, everybody has a bad day now and again!

Overall would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again on my next visit to Cork.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - these rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Reachforthesky
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Reachforthesky,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very kind review and for sharing your experience with us. I know all the team read the reviews and will be delighted to hear your comments.

I’m delighted your entire group were well looked after by our staff, who are the hotels greatest asset.

However, I am disappointed to hear about your experience in Kudos. Please accept my sincere apologies and I assure you that I have already taken action on these issues. If you would care to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my girlfriend during the Christmas holidays. We decided to treat ourselves by booking a suite.
Have to say the experience was fairly ordinary. The hotel would be fine if staying in Cork city centre on business, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want that "hotel experience" on personal trips.
For the price we paid to stay in a suite, there were a few items that cannot be overlooked
- antiquated heating system that wasnt working very well and not very configurable
- hallways looked grubby and worn
- only one hours extra free parking in hotel car park after checkout (despite spending €340 on room plus drinks on previous two nights)
- one remote control for two tvs in the suite

I'm not usually very picky on things but when spending a few extra quid you expect extra quality which wasn't the case here.
Won't be rushing back to the Clarion next time I'm in Cork.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Analogy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed to hear that your experience when staying with us was not what you expected. I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback, and to assure you that I am personally looking into the issues that you have outlined.

I would very much like to speak with you directly to discuss your experience further. As reviews are posted anonymously on Tripadvisor I do not have your name or contact details to use as a reference so would ask that you contact me via email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com or directly on 021 4224900.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback which I look forward to having the opportunity of discussing with you and reassuring you of our commitment to our service standards and our customers.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future at which time I can show you what better service we provide.

Warmest regards,

Wicklow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very good central location within a short walk of Patrick's st.
Rooms are nice and modern.
No iron but kettle and a mini bar.
The pool is very small and claustrophobic.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
The bar food (Thai style) was pretty good. I liked the fact they put calorie count on the menu although I'm not sure how scientific it is!
Overall a decent hotel in a good location without being spectacular.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Arthursbunch,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel, Kudos, and I am especially delighted to hear the staff were so welcoming to you. It is such great feedback like this that makes our job worthwhile. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff, who where thrilled to receive it.

Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed for 2 days at the clarion. Lovely rooms, nice bar, made you feel very welcome. Right by bus station. Very good location near all shops and bars. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Catch bus 215 to blarney castle 10 minutes outside cork. Worth the visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Donna250,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for writing your wonderful review about our hotel. I know that my team read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours. I am delighted that our staff were friendly and engaging throughout your stay. It is great that you got time to explore Cork, and it sounds like you had a really good time, which is good to hear.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I work for a cosmetics brand and spend the majority of my time on the road. I live in hotels!!!!

The Clarion Hotel in Cork is like my home away from home. I would visit Cork every week mainly due to the comfort and level of service I receive at the Clarion. From the moment I arrive I am met with a pleasant smile and a warm welcome.

The rooms are always to perfection and the beds unbelievably comfortable. It is a real chore to get up for work in the morning. However that feeling soon passes when greeted by the morning staff and the beautiful buffet breakfast.

This hotel is full of personal touches , my favourite being the bottle of water I receive as I check out! So thoughful!!!!

I can not compliment the front of house staff in this hotel. They are more than helpful and take the time to come say hello and make sure you are enjoying your stay.

I wish there were more hotels in Ireland to this standard at this price range!!!

Markxx

Room Tip: I have never had a room here that has not been comfortable !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear MarkR,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your amazing 5 star review. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us here in the Clarion Cork and I’m thrilled to hear that we are able to make it your home from home.

It sounds like you enjoy all our extra touches, which is great to hear. I know all the staff read the reviews. I know that all the staff read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours.