“Very comfortable and well placed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable and well placed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I staying on one of the upper floors looking north, a great view to wake up to. As I was on a business trip and needed to work in the hotel I was happy to find that wifi was free and that the room was well appointed. There is also a large reception and a bar/restaurant which proved useful for meetings. The hotel was clean and well-kept and the service very good.

Room Tip: Outside and high up for views across the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Phil B,

Thank you for your very kind words and for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to hear that the Clarion suits all your business needs. We cater for a lot of corporate guests so ensuring your stay is comfortable is very important to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you will have another great stay. Also, We would love for you to keep in touch and join us on Facebook .

Warmest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had the best stay at the Clarion Hotel, the service and hospitality was faultness. I would highly recommend this hotel. The room wasn't ready straight away but we did arrive exceptionally early. The staff were kind enough to check us in and store our bags whilst we started exploring the City. The rooms were extreamly clean and the designer shower gels were a treat. The beds were so comfortable and the views of the river were an added bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Ryan500,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for writing your wonderful review about our hotel. I know that my team read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours. I am delighted that our staff were able to assist you in every way possible, especially to ensure you were checked-in as soon as possible. It is great that you got time to explore Cork, and it sounds like you had a really good time, which is good to hear.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Cork Clarion now 46 days this year. The hotel is excellent. It is clean. It is comfortable. It has an excellent gym for a hotel. Kudos bar and grill has excellent food. The staff is also great and always takes care of me. Particularly Artur. But all the staff there has been excellent. I definitely recommend staying there if you are in Cork. Oh...and I highly recommend Cork too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bcoollman,

Thank you so much for your very kind words, the team will be delighted to read them, especially Arthur. I also appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I am delighted to hear that you like Cork so much, it really is a treasure.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon, and I know everyone will take good care of you as per usual. Also, be sure to keep in touch by following us on Facebook.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Highly recommend the the Clarion Hotel in Cork, which is within walking distance of the train station, bus station, Oliver Plunket Street and Patrick Street. Fabulous modern decor. Breakfast buffet was excellent,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Ann29323,

Thanks for your very descriptive review which also highlighted some excellent activities in the area, which is very much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and especially our breakfast.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just back from a hen weekend staying at the Clarion in Cork, fantastic hotel for a fabulous price. The hotel is in a great location so close to all the sites and main areas of Cork. I cannot fault the service provided to us. Rooms were spacious, modern and very clean. We were a group of 23 ladies and from the initial point of contact till our departure the staff made us feel so welcome and were so accomodating to such a large group of ladies.The hotel was amazing and the effort made for our hen was outstanding, giving my sister a fabulous room and little chocolates and notes on the pillow, such a nice touch to make a bride to be feel very special. Will most definitely stay here again upon my next visit to Cork. Thank you to all at the Clarion for making our stay most comfortable and our visit so memorable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Aislingading,

Thanks for your wonderful review. It sounds like you all had a very enjoyable weekend which is great to hear.

I am delighted that you all enjoyed all our extra touches, especially your sister, its great to hear that they made her weekend extra special.

I am looking forward to welcoming every one of you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you all have another very memorable stay. Also, we would love for you all to follow us on Facebook, to receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, receive news and information.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent hotel,Very modern and in a great Location.stayed here a number of times for weekends away would highly recommend it.Rooms are very clean and modern. walking distance of Cork city and bus station. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try avoid room over looking homeless shelter,as bit of shouting at night.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Shiv000,

Thank you for your very kind words, the team will be delighted to read them. Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic & descriptive review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you had another great visit hear in Cork and I look forward to personally welcoming you back again soon. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to keep in touch, and to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent customer service even before we checked in! Was given a complimentary room upgrade as was celebrating a special birthday - well received and most appreciated! Room was as my little daughter put it...paradise!! It was amazing and huge!! Food at the bar was beautiful and the service was so fast! We will be back for sure! Residents bar was rocking even at 3am!! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you want a great centrally located hotel in Cork City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear FordeE14,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to make your birthday with your daughter such a memorable one and that you had such a fantastic stay here with us.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon in which I will ensure you have another memorable stay. Also, we would love for you and your daughter to join us on Facebook to stay in touch, and of course to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

Warmest regards,