“Wonderful! What a Hotel!”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Cork
“Wonderful! What a Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent customer service even before we checked in! Was given a complimentary room upgrade as was celebrating a special birthday - well received and most appreciated! Room was as my little daughter put it...paradise!! It was amazing and huge!! Food at the bar was beautiful and the service was so fast! We will be back for sure! Residents bar was rocking even at 3am!! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you want a great centrally located hotel in Cork City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear FordeE14,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to make your birthday with your daughter such a memorable one and that you had such a fantastic stay here with us.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon in which I will ensure you have another memorable stay. Also, we would love for you and your daughter to join us on Facebook to stay in touch, and of course to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a short weekend break and where do we start. The most wonderful staff have made this one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Service was second to none. Extremely friendly, helpfully, informative and professional from the bar floor staff to the managers, in particular the barman & waiting staff, they come across as the happiest workers we have encountered in a long time. The small touches like giving us bottled water on check out really added to the whole experience. The hotel itself is clean, modern and very tastefully decorated with a fabulous location for the city centre, this hotel is more than deserving of its 4* rating. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Wicklowh,

Thank you for taking the time for writing your amazing 5 star review. I know that all the team here in the Clarion Cork read all the reviews and they will be delighted to read yours.

I am delighted that our extra touches made your stay extra special. It's what we do the job for, to make our guests enjoy their experience.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Clarion, in which I will ensure you have another fantastic stay. Keep in touch by following us on Facebook, in which you will receive our exclusive special offers, enter our competitions, and receive regular news updates.

Warmest regards

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for 2-1/2 weeks and service was outstanding. Artur who works late night reception provided outstanding service for late night needs such as arranging transportation on short notice. The bar is great for meeting to start the evening or for a nightcap when you return.
I had a last minute flight cancellation from the Cork airport due to bad weather in the UK. Mark helped work out alternative travel for ground transportation to Dublin so I could fly back to Chicago. This allowed me to reach Chicago without any delay compared to my original schedule. The staff is also extremely helpful with planning daytrips for the weekend.
I would highly recommend this hotel for any visit to Cork.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dan H,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind words, the team will be delighted to read them, especially Arthur and Mark.

It's what we do the job for, to make our guests enjoy their experience. I am especially delighted to hear you were able to reach Chicago without any delay – you can always rely on Mark.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed in the clarion cork last week. We had a large group of over 30 ladies. The service and attention to detail is second to none. We had a beautiful meal in kudos restaurant. Every aspect of our vist was fabulous. Big, big thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear MolDooley,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I know that my team read all the reviews too and they will be delighted to read yours, especially our Chefs after reading the wonderful comments on the food in Kudos.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in which I will ensure you will have another great stay. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to avail of our fantastic deals and enter our competitions.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend with friends, everthing was excellent. Friendly staff, welcoming interiors, very nice spacious rooms, nice pool/spa area, excellent bar which was lively vrery late into the night. Location is good - only couple of minutes to Oliver Plunkett St and bars etc. Good value, I have no reservation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms we had were good and were quiet. I believe some rooms have balconies but that wasn't...
1 Thank bazpool
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear bazpool,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your brilliant review about our hotel. It is very rewarding for us getting such great feedback from senior tripadvisor contributors.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay. Also, we would love for you to join us on Facebook to avail of our fantastic deals and competitions.

Warmest Regards,

Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were a large group of 32 girls, I must say the customer service from the moment we checked in was fantastic, did not feel like we were in a large group, the staff managed it with great ease. The hotel was spotless, the decor of the hotel throughout is very warm and inviting, the rooms were perfect size, the staff were all amazing, they really made our stay so enjoyable. We managed to get a room just outside the lift door, which was super convenient. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, with a great selection to choose from, I made sure I made it down early to avoid the rush and get a paper to read. I most definitely will be recommending this to anyone wishing to spend a night in Cork and above all we will be back, this time for a romantic break though.

Room Tip: 101-103 right across from the lift on 1st level-super handy
1 Thank Denise D
Dear Denise D,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review and I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay so much here at the Clarion Hotel Cork. It is great to hear that you found our staff so welcoming and engaging. Also, I am delighted to hear such great comments from you about our breakfast, and I am delighted to hear you got a newspaper. I have passed all your great comments back to the team, who were thrilled to receive, especially our chef.

Whitehead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion last weekend to attend a function in the hotel on the Sat night, from the moment we checked in we commented on how friendly the staff were and again at breakfast the next morning thank you Valerie for taking the time to get us a map and making sure we knew how to get to Cobh The rooms were spacious and clean and the food excellent one of the best breakfasts I've had in an hotel. Thank you staff we hope to see you again!, Tomj

Dear Tomj,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. It was my pleasure taking the time to look after you all and that I am delighted you enjoyed your trip to Cobh. I have passed on your great compliments to all staff, especially the Chef, who were all delighted to receive.

Warmest Regards