Clayton Hotel Cork City
  • Pool
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
  • Pool
2,568 results
All reviewsclarion hotelkudos barthe riveranne mariecork cityhen partythe penthouseoliver plunkett streetcar parkmodern hotelcentral locationbus stationlast weekendgreat weekendexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were a large group of 32 girls, I must say the customer service from the moment we checked in was fantastic, did not feel like we were in a large group, the staff managed it with great ease. The hotel was spotless, the decor of the hotel throughout is very warm and inviting, the rooms were perfect size, the staff were all amazing, they really made our stay so enjoyable. We managed to get a room just outside the lift door, which was super convenient. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, with a great selection to choose from, I made sure I made it down early to avoid the rush and get a paper to read. I most definitely will be recommending this to anyone wishing to spend a night in Cork and above all we will be back, this time for a romantic break though.

Room Tip: 101-103 right across from the lift on 1st level-super handy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise D
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Denise D,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review and I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay so much here at the Clarion Hotel Cork. It is great to hear that you found our staff so welcoming and engaging. Also, I am delighted to hear such great comments from you about our breakfast, and I am delighted to hear you got a newspaper. I have passed all your great comments back to the team, who were thrilled to receive, especially our chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion last weekend to attend a function in the hotel on the Sat night, from the moment we checked in we commented on how friendly the staff were and again at breakfast the next morning thank you Valerie for taking the time to get us a map and making sure we knew how to get to Cobh The rooms were spacious and clean and the food excellent one of the best breakfasts I've had in an hotel. Thank you staff we hope to see you again!, Tomj

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Tomj,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. It was my pleasure taking the time to look after you all and that I am delighted you enjoyed your trip to Cobh. I have passed on your great compliments to all staff, especially the Chef, who were all delighted to receive.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel Cork for one night on a romantic weekend away.

Upon arrival, I found myself in a valley of smiles. The staff were really friendly, polite and helpful. Everything ran smoothly, from parking to checking-in, to finding our room. The atmosphere is immediately relaxing and calming. There was even a hand masseuse available at reception!

Entering the room, it was clean and quiet. Couldn’t hear a pin drop! The bathroom was the size of my house, and the bedroom the size of my estate! All the essential paraphernalia available. The shower was heaven – I didn’t think I’d ever climb out. The bed was so comfortable and chocolates on the pillows – a lovely touch!

The view from the window overlooked the River Lee and Cork’s light-up methropolitan skyline. Dinner served in the restaurant is highly recommended - Asian style and very tasty. The best clubs and pubs in Cork are only around the corner, yet far enough away to not be a disturbance if looking for peace and quiet.

The room offers a widescreen TV with multiple channel choices from news to sport, drama or music and free internet access. You can pretty much stay in the room all day without getting bored. I however, availed of the free gym and pool facilities and managed to wind down in the luxurious bubbles of the jacuzzi for a while.

These are the things that made my stay at the Clarion so enjoyable, but my warmest congratulations go out to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member! 5 stars! Fantastic! And I will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Fiona O,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and staff. It is such great feedback like this that makes our job enjoyable. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff, who where thrilled to receive it.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for the first time while going to a show in the marquee and couldn't fault it. The customer service was second to none, there was a complimentary bus for guests to and from the marquee which was fantastic. The hotel itself was spotless and very impressive, we had room service breakfast which was thoroughly enjoyable and upon checkout we were offered free bottled water. When I visit Cork again I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear noir87,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and all our staff. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff. It is great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the Marque, it is such a great event here in Cork, and I’m glad you took advantage of the free shuttle bus!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed over on Saturday night for a function with the other half. Great room at reasonable rate for city centre.

Staff were very helpful and overall could not fault the place.

Usual dinner dance meal but again staff were excellent and attentive so no issues.

A handy spot for visiting the great city and I would come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear GeraldineR,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much here at the Clarion. It is great to hear that you found our staff so welcoming and engaging. I have passed all your great comments back to the team, who were thrilled to receive.

Warmest regards,