“Fab Hotel-Excellent Location”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion Hotel, Cork city recently with some friends for a night on the town and had a great time. What a great hotel!The rooms were really comfy and spacious and offer a great view out over the city. The hotel is located only minutes away from the city center and is THE place to stay for a night out (close to great restaurants and bars) or for a relaxing break with some shopping thrown in.
Special thanks to the very friendly staff (especially the on duty customer relations manager), who really make this hotel feel like a home away from home- albeit a more luxurious home! I have stayed in a lot of hotels and cannot fault the service offered. I will look forward to my next stay at the Clarion.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Collette O,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. Personally, it was my pleasure having you stay here during your visit to Cork. I’m glad to hear that you had such a relaxing visit and most importantly got some shopping done.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Cork City

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wow, what a hotel. Beautiful inside and very clean. Service was extraordinary. The desk personnel showed us the route to Kerry; the route to the airport, and the best ways to walk around the city. We asked if they had stamps and instead, they franked and mailed our postcards for free! We asked for bottled water and that too was free. Our room was unusually large for Europe and extremely clean. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It was a perfect place to stay and within an easy walk of the downtown pedestrian area with all the shops and resturants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gary S,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you find our hotel very enjoyable and the staff so accommodating to any request, customer service is a very high priority to us.

Sounds like you really got to explore everywhere around Cork & Kerry, which is great to hear.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future, in which I will personally ensure it will be another fantastic stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion for a girlie birthday weekend and it was amazing. The hotel could not be better. The staff were very efficient and friendly throughout the hotel. We had a very smooth check in and our room was lovely, spacious and good size ensuite but we did not spend much time in the room. The bar was lively and although we did not eat a meal but had finger food which was lovely. The meals which were being served looked lovely. The bar was still going strong at 3am with great atmosphere. The breakfast was very good and even at the last minute there was plenty of everything left! The location of the Clarion is so central for the great shopping in Cork. Its very close to the main shopping area and the good restaurants and bars. There is car parking with the Clarion but may prove difficult to find as there is no reference to the hotel on the name of the car park. However the parking is very secure and charged at reasonable rates. The hotel has a lovely swimming pool and spa. Unfortunately we ran out of time to use it! There is a lovely outdoor area to the front of the hotel which would not always be with a city centre hotel. When we were checking out on Sunday morning it was very busy but the staff were filtering the people through and there was no big delay for anybody. Again the process was so efficient and friendly. This is a fantastic hotel and I can't wait to go back.

Dear Enniscorthy123,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and it sounds like you had a fantastic time, which is great to hear. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff, who where thrilled to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork during your next visit at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a great experience staying the Clarion recently. The staff were very friendly and the customer relations manager couldn't have been more helpful. This hotel is ideally located for a night out in the city and a bit of shopping the following day!

Dear Liz W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure having you stay, and I am delighted to hear that all the staff were so friendly with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Yet again I had a wonderful stay at the Clarion. Handy location, only about four blocks from Patrick Street, great service from friendly staff, comfortable beds and really good breakfast. Also ate at the delicious Kudos and had drinks after hours in the buzzing Kudos bar. What made it extra special this time was the warm welcome from Valerie (Customer Relations Manager) who had a lovely birthday surprise for us in the room on our arrival. What a way to start our night out! I have to comment on how smart and cool the waiting staff were in the restaurants in their lovely suits (no shabby white shirts and black trousers here), and the nice fresh smell in the restaurant at breakfast even though it was packed to capacity. These are the touches that make it more like a five star than a four star. Also we were given bottles of water on our departure and allowed to leave our car in the car park while we went shopping at no extra cost. Thank you Valerie and the lovely receptionist who checked us in and who facilitated our sleeping requirements before we arrived. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear SMCR,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review, it is always very rewarding getting such great feedback. It was my pleasure having you and your friends staying at the hotel. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. It sounds like you all had a very enjoyable weekend overall, which is great to hear.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed there last night with 2 friends. I was very impressed from the get go. The hotel is beautiful, the food in kudos bar was gorgeous. We had the Thai mixed platter...yum! Valerie, the customer relations officer was so attentive. We mentioned that it was my friends birthday and when we got to our room there was a complimentary bottle of prosseco on ice waiting for us with a personalised note! Wow!
The room was modern and well decorated and the beds were really comfy.
The breakfast was first class. On leaving Valerie gave each of us a bottle of chilled mineral water.
The carpark was under the hotel...so handy and the hotel kept our luggage while we went to the shops.
It is a busy city centre hotel but it managed to make us feel very welcome and we felt we got 5 star treatment. All of the staff were friendly, courteous and professional, especially valerie.
Will definitely stay here again and will tell all my friends!,

Stayed: November 2012
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Valerie C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and on behalf of myself it was a pleasure having you and your friends stay at the Clarion, you were all fantastic.

I am delighted to hear you both had such a brilliant time and that the hotel exceeded all of your expectations. I have already passed all your great comments back to all the staff, who were thrilled to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of us spent last weekend in the Clarion Hotel, Cork for a friends Hen. Anne Marie in reservations was so helpful in organising our group booking and the use of a conference room. From check-in right through the weekend everything went smoothly and the staff couldn't have done enough for us, so friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. We had a great stay and our weekend in Cork was a great success thanks to the staff of the Clarion.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private balcony...a nice touch!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear LaLidz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel.

It is fantastic to hear that you all had such a wonderful time and that all our staff were so welcoming to you. I have passed all your compliments back to all our staff, especially Anne Marie, who was delighted to receive.

Warmest Regards