“This is an Irish Bar, great whiskey choices, NOT TGI FRIDAY.”
Review of Le Chateau

Le Chateau
Ranked #308 of 840 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Checking the reviews on here seems quite extreme. I simply got a warm welcome on a quiet Wednesday night. Owner said warm hello while working on his errands.

I waited when he's in the bar and having a short moment and asked him for the suggestion of the first Irish Whiskey. He gave me a 10 minute talk and substantial suggestion.

This is not TGI Friday. No warm greeters. (Bartender was a cute girl though.)

But a great place to have a Guinness (or other dozen draft pint options) and if sure, all the Irish whiskey you'll need.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (147)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I decided to go here as we were in cork city and needed to take the weight off our feet. We decided to order food and get drinks. The food was nothing short of abysmal. It was clearly all microwaved. One of the prawns in my prawn curry was so singed by the microwave that it lacked all moisture, worse than that it lacked any flavour. The rice was clearly uncle bens packet rice. When we complained he said the doors there. While I can’t complain about the beverages the owner was nothing short of the worst publican in Ireland. He was incredibly rude to a group of young fellas who ask for a drink and wouldn’t serve them for no their reason than that they were from the north side of the city (a poorer area of the city) even though in my mind they would have caused no harm. He kept saying that this isn’t their type of pub. He also told a group of French people they had to leave as they only ordered coffee and he needed the table even though I could see three free tables.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Pob1565
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

Friendly place to stop, well patronised and popular. Female bartender offered advice on brews and it did not appear overly expensive.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019

Charged 4 euro for a cup of tea yesterday as i was sitting outside it cost more. No manners and barking at younger staff behind counter. Avoid like the plague

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Bel1919
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Beautiful old pub on st Patrick st, great selection of craft beers.
Had the worst prawn curry ever, a few hard microwaved prawns and bits of pineapple in sauce and rice. Tasty sauce but totally overpriced dish.

Date of visit: July 2019