“Great find!”

The Workshop Cork
Ranked #11 of 650 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Workshop is a local family business run by brothers Aiden and David. Our menu is very simple, for breakfast we serve, Organic Porridge with fruit compote, French Toast and Bacon and Scrambled eggs and Bacon. Our Lunch menu consists of gourmet sandwiches, soups, daily hot specials and our Tapas Salad. If your looking for something sweet you've come to the right place, we have a fantastic selection of desserts available daily. We have a large selection of teas, use fantastic Badger and Dodo coffee, and a variety of specialty drinks from Mochas to Oreo Milkshakes. We try to keep things as local as possible with most of our suppliers found here in Cork. We aspire to echo the service of the good old days and so we serve our tea in vintage fine bone china. We have aslo taken a backwards approach to the phrase "out with the old in with the new" in that you'll find the furniture found within the premises is either Antique, Vintage or Up-cyclyed.
Cork, Ireland
“Great find!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Decided to finally check this cafe out on a rainy Sunday afternoon having heard rave reviews recently. Glad we did! quirky place, it's more like someone's very interesting living room! Only had a hot chocolate and cake but il look forward to returning soon for lunch .Staff also very sweet possibly a family? It's a bit of the beaten track, the trail of pink bicycles will lead you to the door, very clever idea!

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Ireland
“almond scones to die for!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I had coffee here recently. I had seen the signs and it was a good halfway point for us to meet.It really is a quirky interesting place with lots of reminders of bygone times-some for sale.
We got a nice friendly welcome and ordered an almond scone between us as we are both watching our weight.It was divine - melt in your mouth divine.Came with homemade raspberry jam and cream.Kids had hot chocolate and decided it was the best they had ever tasted(and presented in retro cartoon mugs)They then went outside to watch the planes and look at the hens.
Today,my husband and I decided to pop in for some soup as it was cold and nasty weather.Mine was butternut squash,his carrot and cumin-equally good and piping hot.Place was buzzing and it was almost like walking into somebody's kitchen.A great local drop in place but everyone is friendly anyway.
Well done to all concerned.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank penny2Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
“Quaint hidden gem”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Having seen the reviews the Workshop had received on tripadvisor we made it our business to visit on our short stay in Cork. It is handy if you are travelling to Kinsale however it isn't far to make a trip if you are staying in Cork. The workshop exceeded expectations, it was so homely and cosey inside and it was decorated so uniquely. The mismatched furniture and china were so interesting and you could have stayed hours exploring the cafe. The food itself was so fresh and presented beautifully. The owner was very friendly and welcoming and definitely added to the whole experience. Make this part of your next trip to Cork, you won't be disappointed and it is so well signposted you can't miss it!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Could have stayed all day....”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I arrived out to the workshop on a Sunday afternoon, armed with the papers. Had a gorgeous, warming lunch, and tea served from a beautiful antique teapot. I felt so welcome there and was so comfortable. The music in background was just right for a late sunday afternoon and the stove was giving out a lovely homely feel to the place, not to mention the warmth. I could have stayed for hours. In future, I'll go earlier in day so that I can do all my Sunday paper reading out there. Looking forward to my next trip already.

1 Thank sj20132013
Kilkenny, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was travelling to Kinsale, from Cork & came across this hidden gem, which is only opened 3 months,so quirky & ideal for vintage gifts. I was able to enjoy my tea in a cup & saucer & listen to Billy Holiday in such a relaxed environment. I was having such a stressful day & was allowed to unwind & picked up an old vintage lamp,which has started my Christmas shopping, the people behind the counter were so friendly & brightened my day. It left such an impression that i had to put a review up, i hope to get back there very soon.

1 Thank CuteKittyCats