Review Highlights
Good facilities and organisation for crowd control

Reviewed September 7, 2018

from $44.70
from $44.70
from $67.60
More Info
All reviews circus tent elton john great night make shift great sound food stalls city centre few drinks great atmosphere nice walk concert stage portaloos aha vedder tickets corona
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

A good facility for concerts. Plenty of toilet facilities (perhaps more women toilets for certain events) food and drinks stalls available. Parking probably not the best, a good 10-15 minute walk back to the city centre, perhaps if mini buses were organised by the venue to bring event goers back to the city centre an idea. Good management of crowd control.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Great venue on a Summers Night. As the name suggests, this is a marquee - like a big circus tent. We had seats but most were standing. It's indoors but got really hot as evening was warm. There are plenty of beer tents outside and food stalls/ vans. Very efficient even when dealing with large crowds. It's very near Pairc Ui Caoimh and a 30 minute brisk walk from city centre

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Went twice this summer. Both times it was will organised, no queues, security checks, lots of drink options from water, to coffee, to alcohol. Some food options too.
Could do with a screen that shows close up of the artists while playing.

1  Thank mkjosullivan
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Easy access from the M7 and plenty parking available. Food options very limited (burgers + chips basically). Also very poor selection of drinks. Little or no seating outside. Marquee itself has great atmosphere and is dark enough for lights to be effective. Can get really warm inside during hot weather so dress light unless you really want to sweat!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband went to see the Coronas, live at the Marquee in Cork over the weekend and it was brilliant.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Lovely venue, very enjoyable, went to james bay and venue accessible and great vibe. Drink reasonable considering its a concert venue

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I have seen a lot of gigs in my time and this was by far the worst. The sound quality was horrific. I could not hear a single word that Alanis sang. I was really looking forward to this and was so disappointed. I actually left early and I have never done that. The music was so distorted that you could barely make out the tune let alone her lyrics. I would never go to this venue again. Wish I’d booked tickets for Dublin instead, absolutely gutted!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I love the Marquee and I love Alanis Morrisette but the sound tonight was dreadful. Loud enough certainly but her words were drowned. Alanis put on a great energetic performance and the crowd were loving it but it was spoiled for us by the dreadful acoustics. Maybe it was clearer up front in the standing area but we were seated in block B and what we could hear was a fuzz of musical noise. For me, Alanis' greatest talent is her lyrics, and their superb delivery. We were so disappointed,I wouldn't go to a music event at the Marquee again.

1  Thank Eilish F
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Fun for a night out! Went with some friends and really enjoyed it! Acoustics could be better but thats a small thing! Would recommend!

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

First time here and I loved the venue, the sound inside the tent is awesome particularly when the whole crowd are singing too. It was insanely warm in there but that’s just the amazing weather we’re having I’m not sure what it would be like regularly.

We didn’t get food but got drinks and the service was very fast which a couple of different bars to choose from.

Easily got a taxi to and from the venue.