“5 Star Start to Finish”

Gallo & Galetti
Ranked #27 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in May 2013, Gallo & Galetti is the new & exciting answer to modern Italian dining in Cork. The emphasis, is to use the best of local, artisan and international ingredients, creating innovative, fresh and tasty dishes. This popular Italian restaurant is a big favourite in Cork, with the added bonus of being economically priced. Our €25 Value Menu is perfect for that after work catch up. The 4 course meal includes a starter, main, desert & tea or coffee.Available Tuesday - Saturday 5 -7pm & Sunday 1 - 9pm
Midleton, Ireland
“5 Star Start to Finish”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I attended a Wedding Celebration Meal with 21 other guests at this restaurant yesterday. We were blown away by the standard of food and service. Each course was delicious and the Chef even came out to ask how everything was where he received a warm round of applause from everybody. The restaurant manager was very professional and her team are certainly well drilled while still remaining friendly and approachable. I've even walked past there at lunch time today and it is packed again. Following the meal the Restaurant Manager even gave me a note and business card to put on my car in case I wanted to leave it overnight in the car park. Excellent 5 Star Service start to finish hand I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Patrick S

Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful Italian - best in Cork ?”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited Gallo & Galetti last week with a friend for dinner for the first time . Dont let the location of the restaurant & the exterior deceive you as once you walk in you find a beautifully decorated place to dine .

I actually was so confused with what to order as there is so much choice of delicious food on the menu . But i started with a Bresaola Salad . I have to say i have raved about it since so tasty the cured beef was beautiful & worked well with the Parmesan ,pesto & rocket . Iv been craving it since .

For my main i ordered the Spaghetti Napolenta Pancetta . I will say the Napolenta sauce was a little bit sweet for my own taste but i still really enjoyed it . My friend ordered the Roast chicken with Tuscan Peperonata & spicy sausage which i also tasted & the chicken was cooked perfectly moist & tender .

My only criticism of Gallo & Galetti was with our server . A young guy seated us & served us i i have to say i found him extremely rude throughout our whole dinner anytime he came to our table , when i asked him questions about the menu etc .. to the point where i actually stopped being polite & thanking him after he cleared the table etc .. Really was the only off putting point about the our whole experience . But i will say we settled our bill with a nice women with short blonde hair who was the total opposite of our male server . Extremely friendly & nice so that kinda balanced things up & i understand people can have off day's but dont bring it to work , this is coming from someone who worked in the industry for years.

In summary i loved the food & restaurant itself & am really looking forward to going back over the next few weeks .

• Visited April 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Finally, a good restaurant in the Wilton area”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

First time dining at this restaurant and I'm happy to report that we were very satisfied with it. For some reason restaurants have come and gone at this location, but I would be very hopeful that this time we have a winner. It's odd that with passing trade, the University hospital across the road and lots of apartment dwellers and families nearby, that previous restaurants never took off but if food was the problem, Gallo & Galetti may be the solution. Very tasty food, at a fairly reasonable price.

I had the 10oz Sirloin steak, with salad, fries & pepper sauce. Perfectly cooked, with a very tasty sauce. My wife had the value menu, Minestrone soup, Seabass and Choc & Vanilla ice cream - all wonderful too.

I thought the sides were a little pricey at about €5. The staff, though very pleasant, could be a little more attentive. Small issues really and meant in a constructive way.

Overall, we would recommend this restaurant, and hope it succeeds.

• Visited March 2014
cork,ireland
“Great value early bird,”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Dined with a group of 20 local residents at this good value Italian cuisine establishment and was delighted with the quality of the food offered as was everyone else in our group. The menu offered wide range of authentic italian meat and pasta dishes which were delicious and well presented and the €20 price was for two courses choosing from starters or desserts and including tea/ coffee. The sea bass with fennel and orange salad comes highly recommended followed by the Tuscan chicken and the large portion of pork chops. Minestrone soup was a favourite but full marks goes to the baby.squid in a light batter . The group loved the lively atmosphere of the restaurant and appreciated the attentiveness of the waiting staff. We all left planning to return soon . What better recommendation can be given to a restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
Courtmacsherry
“Italian in Bishopstown”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We dined here on Saturday night last. Wee went cheap two main course pastas and a bottle of wine. Total cost €47.00.

Food was very nice and there were many diners, a change from when this was an Asian restaurant and always almost empty.
The staff were efficient, local and friendly. Parking outside.
Bishopstown badly needed a place like this so hopefully it will be supported.

Two minor gripes. Cheapest red wine was €22.00 in city most places have a house red for under €20 and for gods sake play some nice Italian music instead of the current Muzak.

Visited February 2014