“Worth waiting for”

Diva Cafe and coffee house
Ranked #19 of 53 Coffee & Tea in Cork
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We had be driving all morning and found this Quaint little cafe, fab food, we ordered 2x burgers and a child's toasted ham sandwich, wow the burgers were Devine, so tasty. Hats off to all, a great experience,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a really enjoyable sunday brunch in diva on a lovely sunny August Sunday. The choice on the menu is vast & caters for those with dietary restrictions such as coeliac and there is also a great vegetarian selection. The service was great, the atmosphere relaxed & friendly & I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was working for a day in Ballinspittle recently and come lunch time really only expected to find basic soup and sliced pan sandwiches in a pub. It was a with great pleasure that we found Diva café. This is a busy little, hip foodie café in the centre of the village. The décor is bright eclectic - think bold wallpaper, mismatched quaint china and jam jar light shades. A group of 5 of us all had sandwiches so I can't comment on the rest of the menu but the breakfasts being served to other customers looked great. The sandwiches are mostly made with their own homemade potato bread (not like an Ulster potato bread but rather a lovely white crusty yeast bread) and have interesting and often local fillings. Service was brisk and friendly, carrot cake and coffee were all excellent too. For the quality and portion size, the prices are reasonable.
They also have a deli across the road which I unfortunately didn't have time to visit but I must give a plug to the butcher's black pudding, also across the road - top class black pudding!!

This café is worth the trip out from Kinsale for lunch. I'm told that this café is open a couple of years - I'm amazed that this it its first TA review.