“Good food great value”

Cuisines: Indian
Cork
“Good food great value”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Got a takeaway from here the week it opened and lets jut say this restaurant was a slow starter. Allowing for teething problems we tried it again and we were not disappointed. Takeaway was delivered in just over 30 mins. We both had chicken dishes which tasted fresh with succulent chicken as it should be. The prices are very reasonable as rice is included with mains. One thing I'd like to see changed is to have the option to have bread instead of rice and maybe just charge a euro extra or something. Currently you pay full price for bread and still get a rice that you may not want. Overall this long over due Indian Restaurant in Balincollig has potential and I'm hoping the quality continues.

Cork, Ireland
“More than disappointed-a wasted opportunity.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ballincollig hasn't had an Indian restaurant for a number of years so when we heard a new one had opened we thought we would try it out. We went on a Sunday evening. It seemed to be doing a brisk trade in takeaways.
Firstly, there was no heating on so the restaurant was cold. The only indicators that it was an Indian restaurant were a couple of statues on the windowsill and the Indian music playing in the background. We were given no poppadoms with chutneys or raita- the first time this has happened to us. My chicken pasanda was like eating cool porridge with chicken-completely bland. My other half's Bollywood special balti didn't seem to be like any other he had ever eaten. He commented that the meat didn't seem to be cooked in the usual Indian style i.e. it was not tender.
As we were there the couple across from us queried the fact that they had ordered two different dishes and that they had both tasted the same. They asked the waitress to ask the chef if he had put the same sauce on the two dishes-the answer was no.
I don't think we will be going back. We will make the trip to Spice of India in Bishopstown which is in a completely different league.

“Avoid”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok even though the starter looked like a packet job but the staff were a letdown, it was treated more like a social club with no idea on swapping a glass with a change of wine, maybe they just need training.

As I was paying I noticed all of the dishes were scattered all over the floor of the kitchen, not a good start to any news business.

I won't be going back.

“Just Ok!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Ballincollig has been screaming out for an Indian restaurant for a long time and when The Arch restaurant gave way to Bollywood Express I was admittedly happy.

To be fair I have only tried take out here but was disappointed with the Chicken Bhuna, which was bland and didn't seem fresh. Very average at best but am comparing it against the far more expensive Spice of India in Bishopstown which certainly isn't bland. Pricing is good and they offer complimentary poppadoms and chutneys with each order of which I received none.

I will try other dishes though in future to give the benefit of the doubt to a new restaurant, so hopefully I can report a more favourable review here in future.