“The Best and informative tour we ever experienced.”

O'Brien Coach Tours
Ranked #9 of 32 Tours in Cork
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Passenger Daytours from Cork City to Mizen Head, Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We were in Cork to visit our daughter attending UCC this semester. Our B&B hosts recommended O'Brien Coach Tours and set my wife, daughter and I to experience the West Cork and Mizin Head tour. The tour set out at 9:00 and lasted until 5:30. It was a wonderful and tremendously informative tour. Don O'Brien, our coach tour guide/drive, is one of the most intelligent, well informed people I have ever met. A very engaging storyteller, he gave us a combined history, economics, cultural, science, religion and current events lesson all in the context of our tour. My wife remarked that he must have kissed the Blarney Stone because he had a tremendous gift of speech and eloquence. Well worth the price and a day long remembered!

1  Thank k0t0
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Hello kOtO,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your daytour with OBrien Coach Tours. I appreciate your kind comments and am delighted that you enjoyed you day.
Kindest Regards,

"sites"
in 5 reviews
"tomb"

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am from Cork and had my American cousins visiting with us last week, was unsure what to do to entertain them and wanted to show them culture / landscape. so booked the tour on Saturday to Mizen head / West Cork. I was expecting to be bored to death but was pleasantly surprised to find that the tour we booked (O'Brien Coach Tours), had a tour guide by the name of Don that was both very friendly and very well informed. The coach tour was brilliant as we got to sit back on a comfortable coach and enjoy the ride on what was a very windy and wild day. Could not believe how much history and culture the tour guide had and how much I learned about my native County on the day. To sum up, great tour guide, friendly courteous service, spectacular views, great information - great value. And woould definitely recommend anyone local or visiting to give it a go

4  Thank Mark L
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I arrived into Cork last Saturday eve for a 5 day trip (business), and had only Sunday free to see a bit of Ireland.

Before I detail the sites, I must say the highlight of this tour for me was the superb, informative narration by Don O'Brien, the coach driver. He is truly masterful at what he does, and I very much appreciate his eloquence and gift of speech... I imagine he has kissed that Blarney Stone many times. But seriously, he was incredibly articulate, intelligent, knowledgeable, and friendly. I've not been on too many bus tours, but they are typically just some guy rattling off that on the left you see this, on the right is that. But Don shared with us a wealth of information about Ireland's history, current economy, industry, cultural heritage, natural resources, religious history, you name it. I would not be surprised if someone told me he has a PhD but ditched his day job at the university to pursue his true passion, that of tour guide ex·tra·or·di·naire. With my limited one-day chance to see some of Ireland, I didn't expect to spend my time so wisely and so well also learning so much. Even though at the end of the season there were only 8 on board the bus, we were treated with an extremely high quality program and tour of some of Ireland's best highlights. My Irish host at UCC confirmed that this trip sounded worthwhile before I went, saying that "Your suggestion for sightseeing sounds good. One of my very favourite places is the Killarney National Park (the location of Muckross House)." I was not disappointed.

I found this 9 am-6:30 pm tour online, and luckily it runs thru the end of September. We had perfect weather, a marvelous sunny Indian Summer day. I thoroughly enjoyed the quick scenic overlook "photo op" stop and then three long stops (50-90 min each) at each of the main destinations of Tour A. They were wonderful sites. I walked around Kenmare and had a latte a quaint little bakery; absolutely loved Killarney National Park and fit in a stroll around the gardens, the arboretum AND a 50 min tour of the historic and fantastic Muckross House. Then there was enough time in Killarney to walk around and grab an exquisite Irish Smoked Salmon sandwich and salad at Quinlan's Seafood Bar, and another latte for the bus at a convenience mart. Then with a nearly 90 min stop at Blarney Castle, I got to climb to the top of the castle where the famous Blarney stone resides, take lots of photos, and even shop a little at Erin's, a small gift shop passed along the way. I must say this trip so totally exceeded my expectations, making my limited time for sightseeing feel very well spent, enough so that a couple days later I found my way here to post my favorable review. Much gratitude to O'Brien Coach Tours. You are very good at what you do -- Bravo!

5  Thank dogn1962
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On the august 3 we went for the beautifull Ring of Kerry Tour with O 'Brien Coaching Tours. We had a marvelous day. Don O' Brien, our guide, is not only an excellent driver, he is also a great storyteller. It is clear that he loves Ireland and that he knows a lot about Cork and its surrounding. He gives good and interresting information about all the beautifull places were we have been and and even more and, last but not least, he gives nice details too. Thanks very much for a wonderfull day, Mirjam from Amsterdam.

3  Thank Mirjam V
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently took a couple of Day trips from Cork to the ring of Kerry and to the Cliffs of Moher. I used two different bus companies for each tour and their was no comparison.
O'Briens Tours won hands down between the two. The bus driver was one of the best tour guide's I have every come across. He really enjoyed meeting everyone and telling us as much information as he could. The scenery on the ring of Kerry tour was unbelievable and he could tell us everything about the area. The history, the wildlife, the flora and fauna and the geography of the area. He even took us to an area that was not on the agenda because the weather was nice.

I would highly recommend this tour company to anybody. Great value for a great day out.
Their tour company is on Grand Parade in Cork next to the official Tourist Office.

3  Thank Tina R
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hello Tina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit to Cork. Im very greatful for your kind comments and really delighted you enjoyed your daytour with us.

Maybe you will find the time to visit again, we would be delighted to see you.

Kind Regards,