“Wonderfull bustrip with the best guide of Ireland”

O'Brien Coach Tours
Ranked #8 of 30 Tours in Cork
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Passenger Daytours from Cork City to Mizen Head, Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On the august 3 we went for the beautifull Ring of Kerry Tour with O 'Brien Coaching Tours. We had a marvelous day. Don O' Brien, our guide, is not only an excellent driver, he is also a great storyteller. It is clear that he loves Ireland and that he knows a lot about Cork and its surrounding. He gives good and interresting information about all the beautifull places were we have been and and even more and, last but not least, he gives nice details too. Thanks very much for a wonderfull day, Mirjam from Amsterdam.

3  Thank Mirjam V
There are newer reviews for O'Brien Coach Tours

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently took a couple of Day trips from Cork to the ring of Kerry and to the Cliffs of Moher. I used two different bus companies for each tour and their was no comparison.
O'Briens Tours won hands down between the two. The bus driver was one of the best tour guide's I have every come across. He really enjoyed meeting everyone and telling us as much information as he could. The scenery on the ring of Kerry tour was unbelievable and he could tell us everything about the area. The history, the wildlife, the flora and fauna and the geography of the area. He even took us to an area that was not on the agenda because the weather was nice.

I would highly recommend this tour company to anybody. Great value for a great day out.
Their tour company is on Grand Parade in Cork next to the official Tourist Office.

3  Thank Tina R
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hello Tina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit to Cork. Im very greatful for your kind comments and really delighted you enjoyed your daytour with us.

Maybe you will find the time to visit again, we would be delighted to see you.

Kind Regards,
Don OBrien

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I took two day tours with O'Brien tours. Both tours were excellent and of very good value. The guide was very informative bout the areas traveling in and general Ireland facts (I'm a wealth of Irish trivia now!). The cach was very comfortable. My only wish was wifi and a plug in for my phone, but not necessities for a day tour.

Tour one: West Cork and Mizen Head. Best tour! A beautiful stop at Gougane Barra. I cannot express in words the beauty of this stop. The mountains and church reflected in the water made for perfect photos. Mizen Head was gorgeous, but be prepared to walk. I highly recommend the tour for this area as the roads are one lane in many places and he guide is skilled at navigating through the area. Beautiful photo opportunities on this tour.

Tour two: Ring of Kerry. Nice area and the stops were well planned. Enjoyed some shopping in Killarney. Had a very nice lunch stop by the beach. The tour stopped at several points to snap some great photos.

2  Thank Rhonda L
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello Rhonda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I know its not always easy to fine the time.
People regularly remark how beautiful West Cork is and of course the visit to Gougane & Mizen seem to capture the heart-beat of the South West. Im really pleased you enjoyed your time with OBrien Coaches.

Again, Thank You,
Kind Regards,
Don

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We also used his company when we visited Cork and would definitely recommend them!
Doing a tour like this was a new thing for us as we normally hire a car and drive the tourist trails ourselves. But sometimes we've found this quite stressful esp during peak holidays because the roads are so busy and parking at any of the popular spots becomes almost impossible! we really enjoyed our day trip to Ring of Kerry and found it all very relaxing :) We met some nice people, our guide/driver was very accommodating (we have 2 young children) and also very knowledgeable. We thought the stops were well chosen and the tour was good value for money. I don't hesitate to recommend.

2  Thank regularjo
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review, I'm really pleased you felt our tour was good value and an enjoyable family day.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a very enjoyable day today with OBrien Coach Tours in Cork City. A West Cork tour stopping at Gougane Barra, Bantry, Mizen Head & Clonakilty. Mizen was breath-taking. Really nice driver guide, nice coach. Would recommend it to people? Got info on brochure in hotel. Didn't see it mentioned on TripAdvisor

2  Thank Pam2013Cork
OBrienCoachTours, Owner at O'Brien Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Im really delighted that you enjoyed our West Cork & Mizen Peninsula tour and greatful that you took the time to write a review. I think the Southwest Coast is rugged and beautiful, but Mizen seems to be one of these special places that touches everyone.