“Yum Icecream”

Doneraile Tea Rooms
Ranked #17 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Cork
Cuisines: European
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Beautiful grounds, homemade icecream and a fantastic playground that had our toddler happy for over an hour - especially the wooden train

There are newer reviews for Doneraile Tea Rooms

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Another trip to Doneraile tea rooms and still room for improvement. The basic lack of well presented interested staff is still evident here. For a place that has huge potential there is still a lack of motivation to improve the setting. Menu is basic as is d food presentation a little more time could be spent here, the staff need to smarten up more and show some level of interest. Again like other reviewers staff should be allocated to tables and do their job. I won't be spending my afternoons off here no time soon!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

stopped off here after having a lovely walk in doneraile park.
the restaurant is small and cosy. the service was not good as there seems to be no one
organising things here. when the food came it was really nice and worth the wait.
this place is lovely and someone please get the act together!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited this in the early stages and we were very well looked after. Hot good food. Pleasant staff. Nice to pop in after walking around the grounds.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have actually been here a few times and each time I tell myself I won't return, well I won't. The last 2 visits confirm that.From the first time i have been there, i noticed the table numbers and menus are filthy dirty - in fact that first time we went there they came out to clean our table as people had been there just before us and they brought out a smelly cloth to clean the table - it was so disgusting, i actually retched. That of course should have set of enough alarm bells... anyway the girl cleaning the table noticed the smell and apologised went in and brought out a dry clothe and wiped it down - it was still smelly - i suggested that she clean it with detergent or we could move table, she came out gave it a very quick wipe with a wet cloth.
Our food arrived and it was delicious, we couldn't fault it:) It really was so nice, but waiting for our coffees was another story, it never came. I am not trained in cafe management but it so apparently obvious that this place is so badly managed, staff are going in all directions - no one is designated an area, so they are all almost bumping into each other and none of them seem to look at the customers as they walk through the floor. every time i have been there customers are looking across at other customers, raising their eyebrows obviously thinking what i'm thinking. I have heard so many people complain about this place - saying it is managed so poorly, tables dirty - just please get one person to clean the table including place numbers, menus etc a few times a week even - I can see this has not ever been done.
Its such a pity its so badly run, as the food is nice, the ambiance is great, its in a a super building and it would be great to know you could get something to eat in an aorganised manner. I also should mention - we have not received coffees there 3 times nad never received an apology - the last day my husband got his, we both got our desserts ((really tiny- we are not big portion people, but the desserts were tiny)), but my coffee skinny latte didn't arrive - after 20 minutes i asked where was it, as i was saving my (not so hot dessert) for it - ''oh we have no low fat milk for your latte''. And I said ''OK and were ye going to tell me this'', ''They just said in the kitchen we didn't have the milk'', was the answer i got. Excellent once again - This place laves an awful lot to be desired. They need staff assigned to certain tables (maybe that way the table numbers would get cleaned too) staff need to make eye contact with people eating, staff need to clean tables properly, staff need to bring cutlery before food. All very simple things. Maybe I can mail them directly, although they seem so distant to the customer i'm not sure it would be read. A big pity for them and the customers.

2  Thank standardsnow