“when in Ireland, when in cork, when in clonakilty! do not miss this magnificent place”
Review of Gulfstream

Gulfstream
Ranked #220 of 656 Restaurants in Cork
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Wow! Hard to come up with bad things to say about this place! The food selection is yuummy! Scrumptious but being a brilliant hotel it isn't cheap but you do get your value for money, I can't deny that and I do recommend this place! You'll regret not going it is quite the experience :)

There are newer reviews for Gulfstream

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food is very good and the service is excellent as is the presentation and choice but this place deserves the restaurant to be excellent and maybe on another occasion which to be fair it can be. We had the 9 course Taste of West Cork dinner and many of the courses were excellent, some very good and none less than good. We will try a different menu next . Very well priced wine list.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I felt like royalty eating at Gulfstream! I enjoyed multiple meals there, during my stay at Inchydoney, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I must say that dinner was most memorable. A little pricey, but completely worth it! I appreciated the chef's creativity in preparing the plate, how local places were where many items on the menu came from, and how attentive the staff was. Not to mention how delicious everything was! I had a table by the front "wall" which is all window and all lovely views of the sea. Would suggest making reservations and arriving for dinner early, so you have your choice of seating. Well worth the money I spent!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Inchydoney is a wonderfully long, wide beach in West Cork, a mile or so from Clonakilty, split by a grassy headland which shelters one side of the beach from the wind whichever way it blows. We were there in mid-May and it was sunny and very busy, including windsurfers. The hotel, Inchdydoney Lodge has rooms plus lodges and although it has an impressive reception area I cannot speak to the rooms.

But the main restaurant is somewhere we come back to every year when we visit this beach and it always seems busy, with a real hubbub. The food is superb. You can have burgers and childrens meals, but the seafood is top priority and comes in huge square metal plates. I had the West Cork seafood chowder, my holiday special, with mussels, prawns, white fish and the like. My main was a 'special', halibut caught that morning at Union Hall, a fishing village just down the coast. It came with mash and was superb. My wife had the scallops, each presented on individual shells, which left the young waiter saying:"I'm not sure what this is."

The bill for five of us, with drinks, was around 180 euros, which was good value. Then you can go outside for a bracing sea walk to give your stomach a breather.

Wonderful beach, great location and I'm already lookling forward to next year's meal!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you prefer to eat early, choose the Library at Inchydoney for a relaxing, cosy atmosphere. Be careful, though, not to fall asleep in front of the fire after enjoying good wine and a limited, but perfectly adequate, menu choice.