“Fantastic day out”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! Just been to see the new sheep pig!!! Funniest looking pig I've seen. Hubby was dying to come down to see it after reading all about it in the papers.
Staff were brilliant telling us about how the pig came to Rumleys.
Then into the cafe for a nice cuppa & cake to warm us up again.
Always enjoy coming here with or without the nieces & nephews.

1 Thank Caz650

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day out.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Myself my husband and three chrildren went to Rumbleys farm 4christmas. My 10 year old said it was his favourite part of Xmas this year and my two girls age 9 and 6 agreed. We have been to see a lot of santas over the years but this has by far offered the most for my money. A trip at the cenima cost nearly the same. We were blown away by the amazing friendly animals. Can't wait till it opens again for the summer. Thanks again for this great place. Molly.

1 Thank Mollymarshall
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing for adults and fun for the kids”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our family and an other family had a very enjoyable trip to see Santa at Rumleys this Christmas 2013. It was very wet when we arrived, therefore it was quiet with no queues. The elves, Mrs Claus & Santa were lovely. The presents were the best we've got in the last 8 years of Santa visits and the photo was reasonable at €6. I loved the different seating areas with stoves for heat & atmosphere. It stopped raining later so the kids (7 & 8 year olds) were able to run around and play on the zip wire and go karting. The children loved seeing the animals up close as they were all in pens near the Santa area. I have to disagree with a previous reviewer who I think said they were from a veterinarian backround that the animals were ill treated. The animals appeared content and well fed and not in anyway distressed. It certainly didn't look like they were kept permanently in these pens and I am involved in agriculture. We finished off with a tractor ride and for children who are well used to tractor rides it was still magical as the Christmas lights were the best I've seen.

1 Thank Colette M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“RUMLEY FROZEN CHRISTMAS”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went to Rumley's farm on the 22nd December with 4 kids & 2 adults. I felt it was so rushed they were trying to get rid of us before the major crowd came. I didn't think much of mrs. claus a bit of dough to play with that about a 100 kids had played with before us. She gave no story, the elves came around complaining of the cold which I wouldn't blame them. Santa was fine. we then had to pay 6.00 euro more for a photo with santa. The presents were unfairly distributed as in a 4 year got the same as an 8 year old. There were hardly any animals out which ok is understandable with the weather. It was so cold there, There were electricial fires there but no heat out of them, thought that it was a disgrace the place was so cold. you had to pay 1.80 for a plastic cup of tea, you had to buy the tea to keep warm. Was there during the summer it was lovely to see the animals and the kids had a great time but would never again go there for Christmas.

2 Thank 6641002
County Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rumleys - Christmas - Santa ( do not belong in the same sentence )”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited Rumleys today , very disappointing overall . Disorganised and Santa could have been ruined for my kids. The only saving grace was that THE SANTA was great . Lacked atmosphere , over priced for what is provided. Shame on the owners of RUMLEYs .

Visited January 2013