“Just a beautiful brekkie ...”
Review of The Streat - CLOSED

The Streat
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a pre-season football visit to the delightful and laidback city of Cork, we searched for a decent breakfast having become disenchanted with the 'buffet-style' offering at our hotel.
I admit, we chanced upon this place by accident, walking down a narrow street just off the main drag. Sadly, this was on our last day, as the breakfast was absolutely spot-on, including excellent coffee. The bloke (probably the owner) was cheerful, even coming outside to admit he had 'a head like a sieve' when he forgot the colour of our toast.
When the food came, every element was just as we could have wished, even proper sausages, not the shrivelled budget ones which had been served in the hotel. Lots of nice crunchy toast too, and coffee refills without being asked.
Best of all, it was even cheaper than the 10-euro one we'd left behind.

There are newer reviews for The Streat

Reviewed July 31, 2013

we popped into the Streat cafe on a very wet morning. I had a coffee and my daughter had home made soup which was fab. I was offered a free coffee but didnt take it as the one I had was such good quality, i only needed the one. Very friendly staff. A real treat, and not expensive. we will call again next time we are in Cork

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I work in town and am always looking for new reasonably priced quality lunch spots and Street is one such place.its in a fantastic location and the perfect place to have a lunch or coffee break if you're shopping on Opera Lane. The food is yum, I would recommend the spicy chicken wrap and coffee top ups are given without you needing to ask. To top it all off the manager and staff are beyond fantastic and so welcoming.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Staff here are so lovely, helpful and friendly; they make this a place I will visit again and again. Food is also very nice and very reasonably priced. This is somewhere that I will always come back to due to the great service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The BBLT (brie, bacon, lettuce and tomato) is to die for and the coffee is amazing! my favourite place to lunch! Staff are great and the service is top notch!