“Divine food”

Oysters Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Would recommend a visit. The food was lovely with fantastic service. Every course was really tasty and my husband said it was the best chocolate dessert he had ever had. It's attached to the clarion hotel and was very smart inside with a pianist who was very good.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Four of us ate here on Friday night to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday, the food was exceptional, along with the service and the atmosphere. Would recommend Oysters to anybody looking for a fine dining experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Wow! This restaurant is just what cork needed, a fine dining restaurant serving fresh fish in ways that bring out the beautiful flavours.
I have eaten here before and I don't usually write reviews but I just had to this time, it's too good to go unnoticed! This was my third time eating in this restaurant in fact, and each time I have enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere as equally as the last.
The scallop starter if available is a must, I almost didn't want to finish the plate because I was enjoying it so much, I wanted the flavours to last forever! And the presentation was just fab. Their chowder is really like no other i have tried, a beautiful bisque, that seems to be their signature dish. on my last visit i had the dover sole for main course, it was perfectly cooked, Coming straight off the bone. yum!
The staff were really nice, checked back from time to time without being intrusive and the whole feeling of the place was relaxed but at the same time you know you're in for a treat.
On one occasion when I was there there was even a guy playing piano which made it even better. Very romantic!
I also went there with family and we were given a beautiful round table in the centre of the restaurant with a comfy booth.
This place is definitely a must try for fish lovers! Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank Corkgrl
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Ate here while on business in Cork. Good service, Good dishes and pleasant surroundings. Ideally located if you are staying city centre. A good place to go for a corporate dinner.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The quality of food and service recommends this restaurant but if you have to consider a burger somewhere else afterwards then you worry - Quality YES Quantity NO

1  Thank Donal O
Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for feedback and comments with regards to the portion size of your recent meal with us here in Oysters Restaurant. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the overall size of your meal but be assured that all feedback received is reviewed by my entire team and I have already discussed the merits of your review with my head chef and appropriate changes to the menu will be made, where necessary.
I do thank you for your kind comments with regards to the quality of food and service provided, and I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oysters in the near future.
Kind Regards