“Fantastic fine dining experience!”
Review of Oysters Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic fine dining experience!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Wow! This restaurant is just what cork needed, a fine dining restaurant serving fresh fish in ways that bring out the beautiful flavours.
I have eaten here before and I don't usually write reviews but I just had to this time, it's too good to go unnoticed! This was my third time eating in this restaurant in fact, and each time I have enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere as equally as the last.
The scallop starter if available is a must, I almost didn't want to finish the plate because I was enjoying it so much, I wanted the flavours to last forever! And the presentation was just fab. Their chowder is really like no other i have tried, a beautiful bisque, that seems to be their signature dish. on my last visit i had the dover sole for main course, it was perfectly cooked, Coming straight off the bone. yum!
The staff were really nice, checked back from time to time without being intrusive and the whole feeling of the place was relaxed but at the same time you know you're in for a treat.
On one occasion when I was there there was even a guy playing piano which made it even better. Very romantic!
I also went there with family and we were given a beautiful round table in the centre of the restaurant with a comfy booth.
This place is definitely a must try for fish lovers! Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

1 Thank Corkgrl

London, United Kingdom
“Fine dining”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Ate here while on business in Cork. Good service, Good dishes and pleasant surroundings. Ideally located if you are staying city centre. A good place to go for a corporate dinner.

Visited February 2014
“Tasty but not enough for growing boys & & g”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The quality of food and service recommends this restaurant but if you have to consider a burger somewhere else afterwards then you worry - Quality YES Quantity NO

1 Thank Donal O
Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for feedback and comments with regards to the portion size of your recent meal with us here in Oysters Restaurant. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the overall size of your meal but be assured that all feedback received is reviewed by my entire team and I have already discussed the merits of your review with my head chef and appropriate changes to the menu will be made, where necessary.
I do thank you for your kind comments with regards to the quality of food and service provided, and I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oysters in the near future.
“Ignored and Furious”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We made a reservation for 9:00 which was a bit later than we wanted but we were told to arrive at 8:45 and that we should be seated a bit earlier.
We duly arrived at 8:45 to be told our table wasn't free yet but it would be shortly.
We waited in the Atrium as directed, right outside the restaurant entrance as Oysters is in the Clarion Hotel and the Atrium is the only waiting area available.
We made sure that the staff were aware of where we were. (Right outside the entrance)
At 9:00 there was no indication that we would be called so we waited.
At 9:15 I again went into the restaurant to see what the situation was. I was told that it would be a few minutes and not to worry. Several people paid and left the restaurant over the period but nobody was called in. There was obviously room for us inside.
One other couple were waiting and I could see them entering and leaving the restaurant over the period also.
At no time did staff approach us with an update. We were just ignored.
We got fed up of waiting and being ignored and at 9:50 we decided to leave and go home.
If this is Oysters idea of customer service they need to wake up. We will not be trying to go there again.
We fully Iintend to tell all our friends of the experience.
We voted with our feet.
Tony

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank Tonyignored
Dear Tony,
Needless to say, to read a review such as yours is extremely disheartening for my hard working team here in Oysters and I absolutely assure you that your isolated experience last Saturday night is definitely not indicative of our usual high standards and the customer care extended to all our guests in Oysters Restaurant. I would very much care to speak with you in person to personally apologise to you for this error on our part last Saturday night and should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me on info “at” oysters . ie.
I do look forward to speaking with you in due course.
“good potential”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

had great potential th food was very nice, very good quality considering it is a hotel restaurant however it was the service that left it down for me and my huband. we found that for a quiet night the service was slow and the servers appeared to be more engrossed with their own conversations than attending to customers. great potential just need work on the front of house.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank janice352014
Dear Janice,

Thank you for your review and feedback. All feedback received is consistently reviewed by my team in Oysters so that we can improve on all aspects of our business and customer experience and I assure you that immediate corrective action has already been taken to ensure an situation such as yours does not re-occur to future guests. On a positive note, I am delighted to read your comments with regards to the quality of cuisine provided. I thank you again for your time in posting your review and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Oysters in the near future.