“Ignored and Furious”
Review of Oysters Restaurant - CLOSED

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
“Ignored and Furious”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We made a reservation for 9:00 which was a bit later than we wanted but we were told to arrive at 8:45 and that we should be seated a bit earlier.
We duly arrived at 8:45 to be told our table wasn't free yet but it would be shortly.
We waited in the Atrium as directed, right outside the restaurant entrance as Oysters is in the Clarion Hotel and the Atrium is the only waiting area available.
We made sure that the staff were aware of where we were. (Right outside the entrance)
At 9:00 there was no indication that we would be called so we waited.
At 9:15 I again went into the restaurant to see what the situation was. I was told that it would be a few minutes and not to worry. Several people paid and left the restaurant over the period but nobody was called in. There was obviously room for us inside.
One other couple were waiting and I could see them entering and leaving the restaurant over the period also.
At no time did staff approach us with an update. We were just ignored.
We got fed up of waiting and being ignored and at 9:50 we decided to leave and go home.
If this is Oysters idea of customer service they need to wake up. We will not be trying to go there again.
We fully Iintend to tell all our friends of the experience.
We voted with our feet.
Tony

6 Thank Tonyignored
Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Tony,
Needless to say, to read a review such as yours is extremely disheartening for my hard working team here in Oysters and I absolutely assure you that your isolated experience last Saturday night is definitely not indicative of our usual high standards and the customer care extended to all our guests in Oysters Restaurant. I would very much care to speak with you in person to personally apologise to you for this error on our part last Saturday night and should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me on info “at” oysters . ie.
I do look forward to speaking with you in due course.

“good potential”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

had great potential th food was very nice, very good quality considering it is a hotel restaurant however it was the service that left it down for me and my huband. we found that for a quiet night the service was slow and the servers appeared to be more engrossed with their own conversations than attending to customers. great potential just need work on the front of house.

3 Thank janice352014
Dear Janice,

Thank you for your review and feedback. All feedback received is consistently reviewed by my team in Oysters so that we can improve on all aspects of our business and customer experience and I assure you that immediate corrective action has already been taken to ensure an situation such as yours does not re-occur to future guests. On a positive note, I am delighted to read your comments with regards to the quality of cuisine provided. I thank you again for your time in posting your review and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Oysters in the near future.
Cork, Ireland
“As a hotel restaurant it is in a class of it's own !!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining in Oysters Restaurant in the start of January. We were very impressed with the choice and quality of the cuisine. The staff were very attentive but not overly so. We would recommend Oysters to anyone looking to have a fine dining experience in Cork City.

Dear Finbarro,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of Oysters Restaurant, based on your recent dining experience with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your evening so much and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Oysters again soon.
Thank you again for your positive words of encouragement.
“Dissatisfied Customer”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is my first review but I was so mad after eating here last night that I had to write. We were taken to our table at 8 0 clock and given our menus. It was nearly 20 minutes before they came and took our orders. The starters were nicely presented but you would be hard pressed to spot the smoked salmon on the plate. It was 9 40 before our main course arrived. The monkfish I know is a tough fish but this was so tough I could hardly get my knive through it. They must have known I was cutting down on my carbs because we got the smallest bowl of potatoes to share. We were left with our empty dinner plates for another 20 minutes before we called for the bill. I had intended to have desert but I was so mad at this stage I just wanted to go.We eat out on a regular basis and I have eaten out all over the world, this was the worse dining out experence I ever had. The service was appalling.

5 Thank Norma C
Dear Norma
I would very much care to discuss with you in person your recent experiences while dining with us in Oysters Restaurant. I assure you that the feedback depicted within your review is not a common occurrence and not indicative of the usual high standards we aim to provide to all our guests here in Oysters.
Should you wish to discuss your experiences further, please do not hesitate to contact me on info”at”oysters.ie .
I do hope that you will afford me the opportunity to rectify any negative feelings you may have of Oysters and to allow me demonstrate to you our usual high standards of customer service and attention.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I bought a voucher off menupages.ie. €40 for 2 courses for 2 people. It was great value and I have to say the food, service and atmosphere was fantasic. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Dear Jos8e,
Thank you for your “fantastic” review of Oysters Restaurant based on your recent dining experience with us. Your kind words of encouragement are greatly appreciated by my entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Oysters soon.