Oysters Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed in the Clarion a lot over the last 6 months and last night was my first time in Oysters. I was a little skeptical as it is also used as the breakfast room of the Clarion. I have to say between quality of the dishes, wine list and the excellent professional service I will definitely be back for more. I had swordfish cerviche to start with and then Halibut and langoustine for main accompanied by a carafe of Astrolabe. Top class ...

2  Thank Cos77112

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Six for dinner and we tried nearly everything on the menu. Table ready on time on a very busy evening for the staff and a very warm welcome. Some of the starters to remember were the Soft shell Crab,Scollops and the real gem the Chouder. The mains were equally good with Hallibut and Dover Sole to die for. The Tuna was only ok in such exelent food on the night.
We are all looking forward to going back for more!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked this restaurant after reading about it on tripadvisor, I must say it was a let down. I am not a fussy eater at all and I love fish and dining out, but the portions were ridiculously small. We got the early menu - 4 courses, do not be fooled by this!! The first two courses were absolutely tiny and cold. I did not even finish the oyster 'chowder', it was not to my tasting. I had the trout for a main and this was nice, but also we only got 3 small potatoes to share.. 3??? so we had to cut one in half. The dessert was yummy and by far the best thing about this place.

2  Thank catz_moloney
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a disappointing experience recently in another 'fine' dining restaurant in cork which I reviewed on here and recieving no feedback whatsoever despite contacting them twice it was with trepidation I ventured to oysters having eaten here in its previous life as augustines under brendan cashman ...It was one of the best meals I have had in Cork in a long time.Absolutely fantastic from ambience to staff , service and food.I was blown away and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The menu is concise and well thought out .I had soft shell crab to start and dover sole as mains ...It was outstanding in both taste and presentation .They have a very good wine list with a wide choice .I have to say it was a delight to find a restaurant that is as advertised and lived up to its well deserved good name despite being a newcomer maybe it will make all those who sit back and just expect customers to accept mediocre food as fine dining take note....they should go visit oysters for a masterclass in service .

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Recently dined at oysters with my boyfriend whom is also a chef. I must say we were both truly impressed with this place. The decor I loved, really comfortable. Our waiter for the evening was a lovely guy. He was very polite and attentive. But the food is out of this world. I am a very picky eater and my boyfriend is the opposite enjoying more fine dining foods. So we generally don't agree on restaurants. But this place we both LOVED!!!!!! It is absolutely amazing! Enjoyed every bit, would go back for the pear tart tartin alone. This place deserves to be number one on trip adviser. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

2  Thank Keara_59