“Gooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!”

Oysters Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I hadn’t previously been in, and was curious, and took the opportunity to try the venue via one of the deals.
I knew from the moment I walked in that this was going to be a memorable meal.
And it was – why? The welcome on arrival, excellent friendly service throughout the meal
The menu comprises mainly of fish dishes and is good quality, well cooked, tasty.
Lovely atmosphere and surroundings.

We couldn’t leave before we booked our next meal – which we did and I’m looking forward to.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined in Oysters last evening. Lovely muted lighting, nice spacing between tables for privacy, beautiful live piano going in the corner.

The welcome by the proprietor Donald Morrissey was very warm and friendly and was also reflected by his most polite and attentive very well trained staff.

We had a set menu, which for an upmarket city centre restaurant was very good value. The food was absolutely superb, presentation was top class and I found the coup de grace was the desserts. My wife had a hot pear tarte and I had the chefs medley of small desserts. Wow! MasterChef would have said "died and gone to heaven".

That's enough superlatives. Only little issue I had was main course portions might be a little bigger, however that doesn't take from what was a culinary delight. Well done Oysters!

1  Thank Bandy1954
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Superb seafood in a lovely setting with very friendly and professional staff. It's not cheap but certainly one to pencil in for a special occasion.
We went for the early bird. £35eu per head. 4 excellent courses, a lovely amuse bouche to kick things off and plenty home made bread to mop up the last few bits all made for a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I ate here with my boyfriend and I'm going again this Friday for my brother's 30th birthday. The food was amazing. We opted for the €35 set menu and the bread was deelish! With gorgeous accompanying dips. Fish was quite obviously fresh.
Great all round and I'll review our visit after Friday also.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent seafood, perfectly cooked. We visited the restaurant as a party of 6 on a recent Saturday night, we did only book 24hours in advance, but were slightly disappointed to be on a table in the the back corner of the restaurant slightly off to the side of the main seating area. There had obviously been a big party in the restaurant in that area as there was a huge table that would have seated at least 20 people, but this was empty, leaving us feeling we were sitting away from the rest of the restaurant goers and it was therefore slightly lacking in atmosphere. There was a piano player playing which was lovely, the food was excellent although several of the dishes had run out. Staff were quite helpful although I did feel that after being told there were 2 portions of certain dishes left when seating us, they should have come back to tell us that these were gone before coming to take our order, when 2 of our party had chosen those dishes and then had to redecide what to have whilst the waiter was waiting to take our order. Slight improvements to the service to match the quality of the food would make this restaurant a force to be reckoned with in Cork.