“Best food in Cork”

Oysters Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Second time I had dinner in Oysters and again another fabulous meal. The food is delicious, the service is very professional and very welcoming management. The restaurant has a great ambiance. I absolutely loved the catch of the day today, baked Cod together with NZ sauvignon blanc. Followed by the pear tarte tartin, I could resist again.

Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear UK13,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us so much and I thank you very much for posting a review of Oysters for others to read.

I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters for your 3rd visit soon.

Thank you for your kind words of support.

Regards
Donald
Oysters

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fantastic meal, great wines, lovely atmosphere and wonderfully professional service. We'll be back to try the chowder!

Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear JULDublin,

Thank you very much for time and for posting such a wonderful review of Oysters on Tripadvisor for others to read, based on your recent dining experience with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us at Oysters and I thank you for your kind words of support.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to Oysters again soon....we shall have the chowder ready and waiting for you.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were delighted to get a late table for four on a busy friday night.We were shown to our table and given four glasses of prosceco on the house(nice touch). There was a piano player on the other side of the restaurant giving the place a pleasureable ambiance.
We ordered a bottle of n.z. sav blanc which we all agreed was one of the best we had ever tasted.
for entree i had the seafood tasting plate which was beautifully presented and well balanced.
for mains i had th panfried fillet of brill on broadbeans and wild mushrooms, it was well seasoned and cooked to perfection.
for dessert i had the pear tarte tartin with homemade vanilla ice cream....Scrumptious
We ordered the selection of Irish cheeses that were smooth and plentifull.
Service was faultless.People with a knowledgeable attitude is refreshing to see.
Very much looking forward to our next experience.

Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Meath_Magic

For you to entitle your review as the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Cork" is a wonderful accolade to bestow upon Oysters and I thank you very much for your kind words and support.

It is fantastic to read that you and your guests enjoyed your evening so much and I do hope to welcome you back to Oysters soon.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The friendliness and welcome from the management and staff was a very nice start to a wonderful evening of dining in the company of my work colleague. We were looking for something special after a hard days work and The Oyster lived up to our expectations. My starter of scallops - not too much or too little - set the tone, followed by seatrout and a finishing with the crepes suzanne and a little digestif - all to die for. For that special evening out this is a way to enjoy it at very good value. I will be back

Dear JohnH,

Thank you very much for posting a wonderful review of OYSTERS Seafood Restaurant on TripAdvisor for others to read.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Oysters soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lovely food, attentive service, reasonably priced!

Donald M, Owner at Oysters Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Aileen581,

A fantastic review of OYSTERS and I thank you very much for your time in posting it for others to read.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us here in oysters and I do look forward to welcoming you back in due course.