“A must see for anyone who wants to soak in Cork's traditional culture”

Pulses of Tradition
Ranked #2 of 14 Concerts & Shows in Cork
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must see for anyone who wants to soak in Cork's traditional culture”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to see Pulses of Tradition last night with my dad and we were so proud to see the culture of our city so well represented!

I've grown up with trad as my parents are All-Ireland dancing champions, my father plays the accordion and I worked with Michael Flatley for a few years, so I guess if anyone would be critical it would be me!

The show brings you through a history of music, dance and song. It looks at the various forms of dance from tap dancing to soft shoe and set dancing, highlights our many Irish musical instruments including the the banjo, tin whistle, flute, fiddle, accordion and the innovative use of percussion with the bodhrán and voice, and it features a mix of sean nos and ballad singing. The audience even gets to sing along! The mix works really well in keeping the audience engaged and there's something for everyone - from tourists to pensioners to families with young kids and friends.

The Triskel Christchurch venue itself is gorgeous - it's a recently renovated church - and really sets the scene.

I'd really encourage locals, trad fans and tourists looking to experience a bit of culture on your trip to Cork to head along to this if you get a chance. And it's only €20 which I thought was excellent value for money.

The only negative is that it's only running until the end of September and needs to become a permanent fixture! Dates here http://triskelarts.ticketsolve.com/shows/126523110/events

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nevie

• Korean first
Wexford
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Pulsating, exciting and a must see in Cork City!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

So thrilled to see something like this in Cork City - superbly talented musicians, everyone can sing and 3 awesome dancers who give it everything! The location for the show is in a converted church which is an amazing location. There are fantastic photos/Irish scenes throughout the show which really adds to it. There is plenty of clapping and sing-a-long opportunities to be had! A Must See. They will even treat you to an encore if you like!!!!

Visited July 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great fun and very enjoyable”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went to see this as part of our holiday on cork. It was a great mix of music song and dance. I particularly enjoyed the precision sets. Also great use of multimedia and liked the short sing-a-long to get the audience involved!