Lancaster Lodge
$148
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$307
All reviewscity centregreat locationvegetarian restaurantfree wifisecure parkingon site parkingwithin walking distancethe riverpatrick streetenglish marketfull irishgood sizeshort stayguest houseminute walkbars and restaurantsstay there again
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip. The rooms are pleasant, in a generic business hotel sort of way, clean, and comfy beds. The bathroom was a good size, with a shower above the bath, but the drains weren't great and so the bath slowly filled up while I was having a shower.

I hadn't booked breakfast, but it was easy to add to add for about €10. The full Irish was very nice.

Free wifi, but an unusual set up where you had to pick the hotspot with the number most similar to your own room number. The wifi standard lets you have multiple access points with the same name, so this is an odd way of doing it.

Overall a pleasant hotel, great for a business trip, but nothing special to make it stand out from the crowd.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are probably quieter - there front faces the main road up to the university, so on a weekend you might get a few shouts and things at night (but nothing major).
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a great little hotel. It doesn't have a bar, but being so close to restaurants, bars, clubs etc. you don't need one. The hotel is clean, spacious and the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless and roomy. I couldn't believe it when I saw the room, the bed was lovely and big, plenty of spare linen, pillows, and an armchair with a little ottoman to put your feet up. There's a tea making facilities, hair dryer and trouser press in room. Flatscreen TV. It was a very quiet hotel for a city centre hotel. If you are a light sleeper then ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Wireless Wifi access in room. To be honest, I can't fault this hotel. The rate was fantastic and was cheaper than getting a taxi home. I didn't opt for the breakfast purely because of getting in the wee hours of the morning and having to leave so early in the morning, but the smell of the breakfast as I left was very tempting. I would definitely stay here again and can't recommend it enough. Very good for couples, families and single travellers. Rates excellent and nice big spacious room.

There was also plenty of parking available in the front of the hotel. Another hotel a stone's throw from this hotel was offering a solo traveller rate 2.5 times what the Lancaster lodge offered and I cannot fault the service I received in this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the building are much quieter because there's no traffic noise, and you will avoid the night club revellers walking home singing and hollering in the early hours.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank crankyannie
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The hotel is in a great location, close to pubs etc but in a quiet area. The staff were nice & friendly. The room was clean & comfortable. The rate was excellent - also late check out was given at no extra cost which was an added bonus along with free secure parking. The breakfast was delicious. Overall a great little hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We recently ended our 2-week trip to Ireland with a 3-night stay in Cork at the Lancaster Lodge. Our rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable and our morning breakfasts were a great way to get our days started in and around Cork. Reidy's Vault Bar (directly across street from Lancaster Lodge) was the most beautiful on any pub we visitied in Ireland. While close to the city center (about a 10 minute walk), if you have any mobility issues you may find to walk to the city center to be more than you want to do. We easily solved the problem by driving there and parking our car while we toured around the city center area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I booked in here at the last minute, having checked out some other hotels near the Lancaster Lodge and deciding that it was by far the best option for our budget. Our room was lovely - spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a bath which was a huge plus for us. The room (car park facing) was very quiet. The hotel has a very functional feel to it. Great if you're looking for a great place to spend a night or too, but not many additional amenities if you're looking for more than that. We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that...

I would go back for a short stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple