“Consistently excellent....”
Review of Belvedere Lodge

Belvedere Lodge
Ranked #11 of 59 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Whenever I visit Cork I stay here. This is not my usual practice as I enjoy trying out different hotels but there is something so compelling about the Belvedere that I have become a repeat guest. It just has real character. I cannot help but be charmed by the tea cosies on tea pots in the morning, large bottles of shower gel in the bathrooms and little bars of kit kats and mugs for your tea. It does not have a bar so that may be a down side for some. The rooms are always clean, staff members, especially the owners, are always friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning is always really good. It is oftentimes booked out because of its popularity so never persume there is always room, a mistake I have made in the past. All is all just a lovely, unique place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wardie38

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed one night at the Belvedere Lodge. This B& B was our first on a 10 night tour of Ireland, so didn't have a lot to compare it with. After reading what B&B's could be like in Ireland, I was excited to have a room with a bed, shower, and a TV. This B&B was comfortable enough, although after experiencing the others we stayed at, I would have to say this place is worn and is in need of an update. The bed coverings were faded, the carpets were worn and the draperies need replaced. This B&B was the most we paid and to compare it to the others I would say I would not stay here again. We had a difficult time finding this place to begin with, even with a GPS. Granted, we arrived after 6 PM but there was nothing within walking distance for food/entertainment. It is off of a busy thoroughway and not conveniently located. Would not stay again, for the same money one could stay closer to downtown Cork and be within walking distance to eateries/sites/etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Belvedere Lodge at Cork is an absolute gem and such a find. Very close to Cork City, just a bus ride away or a leisurely 40 minute walk along the river. Wonderful breakfasts which I defy anybody to ask for something which is not available. Vincent made us very welcome upon arrival. Margaret and Kathleen cooked and served breakfast, always friendly and helpful as was Jim the handyman. I loved their humour and interest in our daily sightseeing trips. I felt very much at home and intend making a return trip in the New Year, one of many in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights midweek with a couple of friends. We had a room with three good sized beds. A good sized bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast had plenty of cereal options plus fruit and cakes. The full Irish was good with plenty of toast. The walk into town takes about thirty minutes, we thought we could walk by the river but its main road so not very scenic. Only gripe we had to leave early on last day and though promised a drink and some toast we never got any

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lovely old hotel which reminded me a bit of Fawlty Towers on the inside...but the staff were definitely not so manic. Quaint, clean and nicely appointed, a little tired perhaps, but we enjoyed the homely atmosphere. Not much traffic noise considering how close we were to a main road. Pillows were flat and terrible but sheets were crips and clean, bathroom clean and plenty of hot water too. Close to a major hotel where we had a very nice dinner easy parking but hard to find on the map as it is tucked away near a fly over. Breakfast was excellent, really lovely buffet with eggs cooked to order. I would recommend it for £60 per night, nothing to write home about but it was good value.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be more quiet than those at the front close to the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here overnight. Place is beautiful, with old Victorian furniture, big rooms, comfortable beds and extremly clean overall, staff friendly. Breakfast was amazing - even for a healthy eater there's a lot to choose from. There is free parking in front. It is definitely worthwhile staying here/even if it's a bit outside of town. Highly recommend!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very clean and quiet room. Hassle free checkin. free wifi. tourist information available. Good location on main road. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Would stay again and would recommend. Value plus. Easy walk to a hotel for evening meal and drinks.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple