“Nice place to stay”

The Metropole Hotel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Only here for one night while driving through Ireland. My husband chose this place off the Internet because of its location and its price. We were not disappointed! We were taken care of promptly and our accommodations were clean and comfy! Wireless hooked up quickly and with no hiccups. This is important because of the family that is trying to live vicariously through us during this trip ; ). One small drawback was having to unload the luggage and then drive the car around the corner to a separate parking garage. Not far...but could be considered a drawback.
Would recommend this to folks!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie S
Roger R, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Debbie S,
Thank you for your comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do not hestiate to contact me directly when making your booking.

There are newer reviews for The Metropole Hotel

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed in the Gresham for two night for cycling with Anpost but never got a wink of sleep either night, due to the bathroom window been open and a night club below us and either side of us on the street, terrible place to stay if you want sleep! I complained to reception about the window but they never did anything to help out and in general the hotel is a good location and food was fine but over priced for what you get. The walls in the hotel were paper thin. Not again for me! If you want some sleep don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nulla186605

Dear Nulla186605,
I was sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, I would be grateful if you would contact me directly so we can discuss this matter further.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while I was away on business, it was centrally located and very convenient, it was a short 5 minute walk to Patrick Street, staff are very friendly and helpful both in the breakfast room and on reception. Rachel, Mary & Pavel, Thank you for your excellent customer service. I was on a rate which included dinner and the food was delicious, I would have liked a little more flexibility with the serving times of the food (6-9) but that would not affect everyone it was just my meetings were scheduled for around those times but the bar staff catered for me as much as they could so Thank you.

Dear DeirdreKa,
Thank you for your comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do not hestiate to contact me directly when making your booking.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wonderful hotel, great, friendly service, fitness, good sanitation and well located for train, bus and the center of town.

But it's the nostalgic atmosphere, the smell (takes the stairs down once!), the breakfast view across the Lee and the '30s/'40s movie set character that make this hotel so endearing!

Cross the street to the Fish Wife for (take-away) fish&chips

Dear Mayo55,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in the Metropole Hotel Mc Curtain Street Cork City and had a very enjoyable stay.
The room was quite large, the bathroom was big, the place was spotless. Plentiful amounts of tea/coffee available in the room, not just two sachets. the bathroom had a towel warmer and it was just fab after a bath to have nice warm towels. Lovely tray of products in bathroom also.

It is excellently located, Everyman Theatre is practically next door, shopping in Cork City is just around the corner - literally.
I ordered room service and the food was excellent, hot, fresh and tasty.
Excellent for Business or pleasure.
Staff were very nice.
Cannot fault anything. I would recommend for travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the lift and if possible ask for one with a view of the River Lee, it is super...

Dear NoraGal,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in Metropole for one night only, booking a suite, for what I thought was v reasonable price for the quality of the room. Everything about the stay was enjoyable, staff was v friendly and helpful, room was clean and tidy, with plenty of room and all amenities. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Junior suites are the winners, pick one if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miqeel

Dear Miqeel,

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stated for 2 nights while on a course. Small but comfortable room and staff were very friendly. Only few minutes walk from centre which was handy. Gym and pool nice as well and was able to avail of aerobics classes. Lift up to rooms was pretty cramped and old!

• Stayed: April 2013