The location was great- we were able to walk to City Centre within about 5 minutes and several other places. We had to pay 7.50 Euro for parking, but were able to come and go as we pleased. It was a public lot, so it was not attached to the hotel- about a block away. We had a nice room that was quite large. We had an end room with a large windowed seating area. Our room was overlooking the street and it could be loud at times. The bathroom was nice with a jetted tub that was lovely.
The major issue that we had was when I booked the room, it was a room only rate, but when I checked in, the front desk staff told me that breakfast was included. I was surprised, so I asked again to confirm. When I told my husband about it, he was surprised as well, so we stopped by the desk on our way out and asked again. The next morning, we went down for breakfast and there were two areas of food, so we asked the waitress which was the included food. She pointed to both areas and we enjoyed a nice hearty breakfast. Imagine our surprise when we go to check out and we are charged for breakfast!! The front desk staff was not receptive to the feedback that we were told the breakfast was included. She offered to call the manager, but we were frustrated and just told her we would pay for it. She kept asking if we wanted her to call the manager. My husband got frustrated and she ultimately took the breakfasts off of our bill, but it was a hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest of Cork City Centre Hotels, The Metropole Hotel in Cork is just a short stroll from the many excellent shops, boutiques, theatres, galleries and of course the business district of Cork, making it an ideal location for Cork City Hotel breaks and business travellers alike. During your stay in this superb Cork city hotel, you will be accommodated in one of 112 tastefully decorated bedrooms, equipped with all necessities to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay.Part of Tifco Hotel Group, The Metropole Hotel is a 3 star Cork City Centre Hotel designed to cater for the every need of the business professional requiring a hotel in Cork City, from our business rooms, event facilites and suite of twelve conference rooms through to the complimentary Wi-Fi internet access offered throughout the hotel, you will find plenty to make your stay as thought provoking as you would like. All guests staying at The Metropole Hotel, can also enjoy complimentary access to the Leisure Centre. Leeside Leisure is a White Flag Awarded Leisure Centre with superb facilities, which include a 20m Swimming Pool, with three pool areas, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room and a fully equiped gym with cardiovascular and weights area. External memberships are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Metropole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gresham Metropole Cork Hotel Cork
- Gresham Metropole Hotel Cork
- Gresham Metropole Cork
- Metropole Hotel Cork