“Best Siciliano in Ireland”
Review of Gino's Pizzas - CLOSED

Gino's Pizzas
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had lunch today with my husband and son. Had no idea what to expect and we were delighted with our choice. The pizzas were excellent, I personally like anchovies, capers and black olives and have difficulty finding same in Ireland, so I was thrilled to be able to have all 3 on my pizza. It was delicious, would definitely return and recommend .

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I first came here for a birthday party when I was a child and have been coming here since. I love the pizzas here, the best in Cork me thinks. I always see people coming in for ice-creams as well. They are supposed to be really good. Unfortunately, I’m usually full after eating that I don’t have the stomach for dessert. So it’s been a while since I had one. Someday, I’ll try them again *-*

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Myself and my friends used to visit Gino's in Cork whenever we headed into the City. It was our place to go to. The pizza was amazing, and the ice cream and garlic bread was the best I had ever tasted! Sadly, something went wrong, and the service became terrible. We went there the one afternoon we were in the city, and ordered our usual menu: Garlic bread, Pizza, lemonade and ice cream.

Our lemonade was fine. The garlic bread was soggy. The pizza came with liquid on it. When I complained, the manager said it was due to the pineapple juice! Never have I ever had small puddles of juice on my pizza due to the pineapple that has been placed on it. The manager said he would make a new one. What we received was the same pizza that had the pineapple juice poured off the pizza. They hadn't even bothered to put it back into the over. There were dents in the pizza form where the liquids had been, that were visible. They didn't even try to cover them up with cheese or another topping.

Due to the excess liquid, the base was soggy. We left our pizza there, and went to pay. We aren't the type to cause a scene, so we were going to pay and just go somewhere else. When we got to the counter, the manager looked back at our table and just waved us off.

The worst food and service I have ever received from Gino's. Haven't been back and won't return. The service and the food used to be excellent, so I don't know what happened that made it all change. Disappointing really, since it was our pllce to go too.

1  Thank BluffGirl
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Good ice creams.
Nice snacks.
Sadly the space and location they have could be utilised better.interior have a lot of area to express.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent homemade pizza. Best pizza in Cork. The service and staff and great and the food is great! The ice cream is also some of the best you'll find here! So good!!