“Glad to be back to our favourite Indian restaurant”

Haveli Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 644 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small intimate restaurant serving dining and take away customers. Please note we open on Bank Holiday Monday's also and close the Tuesday immediately after the Bank Holiday!!
Cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad to be back to our favourite Indian restaurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We started going to Haveli when it first opened over 6 years ago. It is quite simply the best Indian restaurant in which I have eaten in Ireland. Having become a fan of Indian food when living for several years in England (Yorkshire) and experiencing the variety of choice there, it was fantastic to finally find Haveli in Douglas, Cork. I have also eaten in places like Jaipur on Georges Street, Dublin, and Vemillion in Terenure, and would place Haveli in this company, however Haveli and the head chef's fusion of the excellent, fresh Cork produce and Indian cuisine really sets the bar for me. I think the chef truly understands the right balance for the Irish palate, while staying true to the authenticity of the dishes. Unfortunately we moved to Carlow for the last 5 years, every trip to Cork would mean a stop of at Haveli for a takeaway/meal. We are delighted to be back in Douglas and to continue to be regular weekly customers at Haveli. We wish Haveli every success for the future. Cheers Mark

• Polish first
“Excellent food but too bright for romantic dining.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I love the place, we get take away once a wk from them and its always lovely. We have dined in about 7/8 times and always say it just too bright for a romantic meal.but we still keep coming back as it the best Indian in cork!!

Cork, Ireland
“Faultless”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I are big Indian food fans.We have eaten in ALL the Indian restaurants in cork!. We Found out about Haveli about two years ago, and haven't looked back since. By far superior than the rest. Everything tastes and smells fresh. Incredible flavours. The staff are so friendly and chatty as well. We do Take away whenever we cant get a babysitter!, but the quality stays the same, every time. Highly recommend. 10/10

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely friendly staff. Food ok.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went for a meal here and expected a fantastic dining experience after reading the reviews. It was a nice small and very clean restaurant with a friendly welcome but the food was just ok and certainly not memorable. It was served with a smile and I really would like to praise the taste but it just was not that good. Its a pity because its a nice friendly and comfortable restaurant with loads of potential. Would we go back? Yes. We will call again in a few months just to see if there is a change in the menu.

“tasty food!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was not disappointed! I will return to try more tasty dishes they are offering. The place looks rather not inviting from the outside (more like a fast food lol) but interior is waaay better, toilets are clean and the service was nice :)

• Visited June 2013