“A Must”

Ranked #3 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Must”
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We stayed here twice while in Cork and both times were able to find a room with no problem as they own several properties. Very well priced and nice rooms. Miss Lucy was a sweetheart and so were her employees. Was also able to do much needed laundry. Great location, easy to walk to city center or bus it.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Madmission

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2006

We stayed at Garnish House for one night in May and it truly was one of the highlights of our trip. Marcel and Hansi were extremely welcoming, kind and and helpful - we felt like part of the family!

I had heard about the fantastic breakfasts but it was even better than I imagined. We were set until supper time! Also, our room was spacious and impeccably clean.

I highly recommend a stay at Garnish House - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed July 10, 2006

This was a terrific place to stay and while I loved many aspects of this B&B, my favorite thing had to be the delicious scones! Upon arrival, the friendly staff helped with our bags, gave us excellent recommendations for local attractions and restaurants, then proceeded to set out the most wonderful afternoon tea I've ever had! The scones, the bread, the croissants... my mouth is watering just thinking about them! The room was lovely and in the room was a beautiful bowl of fruit - apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi and nectarines - another lovey touch! The room was decorated in a lovely decor and in addition to the twin and double bed, we had a lovely sitting area with a couch and desk. The bathroom was filled with clean white towels, a fabulous jacuzzi tub and a shower with amazing water pressure! The breakfast had every possible option and it was all delicious! We ate until we couldn't shovel in another bite! The staff was so warm and friendly, and it is obvious from all the special touches that they put into our stay that they aim to please! We can't wait to return to Garnish House on our next trip!

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank ShanaAFolk
boston
Reviewed June 4, 2006

I booked the Garnish based on the reviews here and was not disapointed. Wonderful location right across the street from the Univ of Cork, we (a party of 6) were put into a separate guest house with beautiful clean rooms, washer and dryer, dining room and kitchen facilities, etc. Service was excellent - the staff was helpful and friendly. And the breakfasts were the best I've ever had - so good that we did not even eat lunch on the days we stayed at Garnish. Try the porridge with Baileys and the plaice with lemon sauce!

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank talis46
england
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed at the Garnish Guest House for Easter in their annex which is a semi detached house across the road ,we all went from work so had the whole house to our selves just like home from home all rooms ensuite with nice bed s and frsh sheets and towels every day also TVand cable TV in living room large, kitchen with fridge ,cooker ,micro wave.
we was welcomed with cakes and scones with cream and jam tea and coffee we all found it was excellent fully deserving the Bridgestone award for 2006 has the best Irish bb
Breakfast we took across the road in the main hotel and what a breakfast it was starting with porridge and Jameson or baileys then a traditional Irish breakfast enough to keep you going all day .there are up 28 different breakfasts on the menu to choose from

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank iluvtraveling
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2006

This is perhaps the BEST b&b in the country,certainly the best I have ever stayed in. The staff were excellent,the food was excellent. In fact, there is not enough space to describe the breakfast, as it is truly amazing. During my stay, I stayed out late both nights,and there was always someone to let me in and to offer me a cup of tea..a truly Irish type of hospitality!Note how a lot of these reviews mention Mrs. Lucey by name..this is not some anonymous,faceless hotel, it is very much a family-run,friendly establishment with staff who will bend over backwards to accommodate their guests. I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank lilywhite26
new jersey
Reviewed March 19, 2006

I recently stayed at the Garnish House for five evenings. Upon arrival I was offered tea and scones in the sitting room which was most welcome after a 7 hour flight/5 hour bus ride. My room was on the top floor requiring I carry my large suitcase up several flights of stairs. This is quite tiring and something to keep in mind when booking a room Also, the room was very small with barely enough space for me to open my suitcase. As everyone has mentioned, the breakfast is wonderful with many dishes to choose from. I had the porridge every day-yum! I also enjoyed the pancakes which are really crepes to Americans. Also yummy. I didn't find the staff as accomodating as others have and didn't get much help in the way of planning activites but one of the night staff members did allow me to do some laundry which was a life saver. (It seems self serve laundromats do not exist in Ireland, who knew? lol)

• Stayed March 2006