“Flamenco Restaurant: Awkward, rude service and overpriced food.”
Review of Flamenco Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I popper in here with a friend after we saw the sign for Spanish food. It looked nice, albeit empty. We were seated at the table directly in front of the cash register, which would have been fine had not the owner's wife stood there, not two feet away from me, throughout the entire meal.

The food prices seemed a tad high and the wine menu was lousy and also overpriced, so we decided to each order a small plate and get a drink somewhere later. After we ordered only waters with our starters our waitress, the same woman from behind the cash register, very openly and obviously gave us a dirty look.

We should have left after that, but we didn't want to make a fuss. Instead, we sat in silence waiting for our extremely small portions of food to arrive while the owner's wife leaned over the counter at the cash register and watched us. I have never been made to feel uncomfortable in a restaurant before tonight.

All of this would have been forgotten if the food was good. Unfortunately, it was not. My friend ordered the garlic prawns for €8 and was given about 8 small shrimp with a pathetic mound of shredded, taco-style iceberg lettuce and a few slices of dry, white bread. I ordered the meatballs, which were at best mediocre and oddly paired with unseasoned chips.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant has changed names yet again, about one year ago Casanova became Casa Roma. It was closed for a short while and is now Flaminco Restaurant. I await the review's of the Deal Rush customers or 'Bargain Hunter's' as the owner prefers to refer to them who purchased vouchers this week.

2  Thank taocrasorm
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Last weekend my Wife and I stumbled across Casa Roma while looking for some late food. We simple picked the place based on the clean look of the exterior of the restaurant and prices list on the front. It is a small intimate space but not too cramped, I think there were 2 other couples already eating when we arrived so there plenty of space available. I have to say that the waiter was very attentive without being overbearing, he traded a few niceties, offered us a serving suggestion and then left us to view the menu. The food on the menu was good wholesome Italian cuisine, fair enough it wasn't Michelin star food but €20 for 2 courses including a glass of wine, and the food was much better than other pasta houses I've eaten in before. My wife had ministromi soup as a starter and Tagliatelle Funghi for her main, I had Insalata Caprese as a starter and Calzone for my main as recommended by the waiter and we both had no complaints about what was served to us. At the end of the meal the waiter offered us an additional glass of sparkling wine at no additional cost and offered us a few suggestions on were we could go for a quite pint.
I have to say that I was surprised to read some of the negative comments that were posted but I suppose that people will normally not leave any comments if they are happy with the overall meal.

So on a final note I would have to say that Cosa Roma Restaurant was warm, Friendly with wholesome food that is great value for money. So bring along you friend's and family and even your pet cat and enjoy a night of Italian Cuisine.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Id prefer to bite a ball of tinfoil than swallow any of the food from this place again. The 'jambon italia' starter was basically a half eaten rasher. Think I spotted some cat whiskers on it even. Highlight of the evening was the brain freeze I got from my gelato dessert- at least it distracted me from the horrible taste in my mouth. Me and my tapeworm hated this kip.

6  Thank Kenners82
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Worst restaurant in Cork... Maybe even Ireland. If your thinking of visiting this restaurant please don't. You'll regret it. The staff are ignorant and food is disgusting. Found a hair in my lasagne

7  Thank WestCorkTravel