“Opened again - now called Flaminco Restaurant”
Review of Flamenco Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant has changed names yet again, about one year ago Casanova became Casa Roma. It was closed for a short while and is now Flaminco Restaurant. I await the review's of the Deal Rush customers or 'Bargain Hunter's' as the owner prefers to refer to them who purchased vouchers this week.

2  Thank taocrasorm

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Last weekend my Wife and I stumbled across Casa Roma while looking for some late food. We simple picked the place based on the clean look of the exterior of the restaurant and prices list on the front. It is a small intimate space but not too cramped, I think there were 2 other couples already eating when we arrived so there plenty of space available. I have to say that the waiter was very attentive without being overbearing, he traded a few niceties, offered us a serving suggestion and then left us to view the menu. The food on the menu was good wholesome Italian cuisine, fair enough it wasn't Michelin star food but €20 for 2 courses including a glass of wine, and the food was much better than other pasta houses I've eaten in before. My wife had ministromi soup as a starter and Tagliatelle Funghi for her main, I had Insalata Caprese as a starter and Calzone for my main as recommended by the waiter and we both had no complaints about what was served to us. At the end of the meal the waiter offered us an additional glass of sparkling wine at no additional cost and offered us a few suggestions on were we could go for a quite pint.
I have to say that I was surprised to read some of the negative comments that were posted but I suppose that people will normally not leave any comments if they are happy with the overall meal.

So on a final note I would have to say that Cosa Roma Restaurant was warm, Friendly with wholesome food that is great value for money. So bring along you friend's and family and even your pet cat and enjoy a night of Italian Cuisine.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Id prefer to bite a ball of tinfoil than swallow any of the food from this place again. The 'jambon italia' starter was basically a half eaten rasher. Think I spotted some cat whiskers on it even. Highlight of the evening was the brain freeze I got from my gelato dessert- at least it distracted me from the horrible taste in my mouth. Me and my tapeworm hated this kip.

6  Thank Kenners82
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Worst restaurant in Cork... Maybe even Ireland. If your thinking of visiting this restaurant please don't. You'll regret it. The staff are ignorant and food is disgusting. Found a hair in my lasagne

7  Thank WestCorkTravel
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Having heard Casa Roma, formerly Casanova, was under new name and management, my wife and I tried it out again. We really enjoyed our evening and have been back several times since with family and friends.
The food is top class, the staff are accommodating and friendly, the decor reminds us of our many trips to Italy and is homely and relaxing.
The food and wine are reasonably priced.
We will definitely be back!!