“valentine's nite”

The Wilton Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #275 of 650 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wilton Pub is one of Corks finest public houses. It's a modern and spacious pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We serve excellent food during the day with our daily carvery and also offer a delicous a la carte menu in the evenings while our Loft restaurant offers diners the chance to savour fine cuisine.
“valentine's nite”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend had the Valentines Menu which was a four course meal with the steak on the stone being the main course.The steak was cooked to our liking and the portions were very generous, we would thoroughly recommend it. While at the restaurant we were provided with very efficient service and was asked on many occasions did we require any assistance. I must thank Gordon Mary and Lorraine for all their help and advice while we were dining there. The atmosphere was v romantic and there was even a piano player playing nice background music to add to the ambiance. We will definitely visit again very soon

DH

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“The best choice of food for carvery that I have seen”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We eat regularly at the Wilton usually a day every second week. Firstly I have to say that the Wilton has the biggest choice of food on offer for their carvery service. There is always beef, lamb, turkey and chicken and lots more besides. You would be forgiven for thinking that when such a massive range of food is offered the quality might suffer but this is certainly not the case in the Wilton. The cuts of meat they use are top drawer and I particularly love their roast lamb as it is nicely cooked ( I hate rare meat) and with very little fat. Even if there is a long queue the service is efficient and we are never waiting for longer than five minutes. The vegetables and potatoes are of great quality and there is a great variety always. There is an extensive dessert menu also which we rarely avail of as we are so full after our main course. I would highly recommend The Wilton if you like carveries and want one with great choice and quality food.

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just had dinner here this evening and I had a wonderful experience. Place was cosy and warm, with big couches to sit on. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was very good, the steak was cooked to perfection and portions were generous. Did not get to order dessert as we were stuffed from the main course alone. Love it all ... and I would definitely return.

Cork, Ireland
“Quality varies a bit but overall quite good”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Eaten here a number of times over the year in the restaurant section upstairs - I've never eaten from the carvery or anything downstairs but it seems to be popular with shoppers from nearby shopping centre and visitors to nearby hospital. Beer downstairs is reasonably ok and plenty of screens to watch sport on if that's your thing. Service upstairs is a little rough and ready at times (it's not 5-star French, put it that way) but it's always friendly and helpful. Food prices/value/quality vary wildly from dish to dish. Chowder was a bit tangy and salty but chicken satay skewer (there was only one on the starter plate) was tasty. I would recommend the larger sirloin and fillet steaks here as bankable winners for main courses but there's enough choice to cover most people. Steak-on-a-Stone is a new-ish addition and a good novelty way to serve it too. Desserts were fine too - we had chocolate fudge cake between two of us and it was enough for the pair of us. Wine prices are average. It's a good place to go for a large or informal dinner with table service. You're not going to find cutting-edge cuisine or innovation here but you'll find a comfortable, down-to-earth place to eat good, solid food which will more than likely come out at being ok value for money once you're sensible about what you order. I'd imagine that sometimes people don't always have the best meal here if they make poor menu choices but personally I've always enjoyed my food here - sometimes too much so and I've felt like I just want to lie down on the floor until I've recovered :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was our first visit, We ordered sizzling steak on lava stone, which i thought was a very good and also different idea. Great chunk of meat on platter with selection of three different sauces with onion rings and side order all just €15, great value for fillet steak of that size. It was absolutely yummy. Will be back. Thumbs up.

• Visited November 2013