“It is lovely”

The Wilton Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #277 of 677 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wilton Pub is one of Corks finest public houses. It's a modern and spacious pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We serve excellent food during the day with our daily carvery and also offer a delicous a la carte menu in the evenings while our Loft restaurant offers diners the chance to savour fine cuisine.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was there for a funeral but I thought the food was lovely and the service was good. It is in a good location and there is plenty space for functions

1  Thank Yam1805

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Dined here last night had caesar salad as starter followed by the steak on a stone my wife had roast chicken and ham .. totally faultless superb service and great value for money

1  Thank nikki1512
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a different experience from other contributors. Came here after visiting a patient in the nearby hospital and was feeling down. Myself and my companions were very warmly greeted upon arrival and the waitress couldn't have been more pleasant even offering one of us a beer sample when undicided about what beer to have. We all had the fillet steak on the hot board which was delicious and the helping huge. Great value at E15. Staff were very attentive and genuinely helpful. I'll come back here again next time I'm in Cork.

3  Thank Bazerelli
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I ordered stuffed cream cheese mushrooms from the starter menu intending to have a main course after. €5.25 for 2 small stuffed mushrooms and a spoonful of salad. This is a total tip off and I would never return here. Service was rushed and distant

1  Thank joolaaaree
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Myself and my partner went to the Wilton restaurant last Saturday night. We rarely go out so this was to be a treat. The starters were basic. He ordered prawn cocktail and received some lettuce with a few dry prawns on top. The sauce on the side was poor. The main course was very disappointing. The waitress asked us if we were okay when she brought it out but she never came back to us after that. My fish was dry and the sauce was tasteless and too thick. His dish was beef bourguignon and the pastry case in which it was in was as hard as a rock. The vegetables were a disgrace. The broccoli was a mush...boiled to nothing and completely lacking in flavour. When we went to pay we mentioned this to the lady who got someone else to speak to us. She than went into the kitchen and came out to us asking if we would like a free desert on the house! We declined as we wanted to get out of the place. There is much better out there!

2  Thank NormaCork