“There's better out there!”

The Wilton Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #310 of 636 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Wilton Pub is one of Corks finest public houses. It's a modern and spacious pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We serve excellent food during the day with our daily carvery and also offer a delicous a la carte menu in the evenings while our Loft restaurant offers diners the chance to savour fine cuisine.
Cork
“There's better out there!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Myself and my partner went to the Wilton restaurant last Saturday night. We rarely go out so this was to be a treat. The starters were basic. He ordered prawn cocktail and received some lettuce with a few dry prawns on top. The sauce on the side was poor. The main course was very disappointing. The waitress asked us if we were okay when she brought it out but she never came back to us after that. My fish was dry and the sauce was tasteless and too thick. His dish was beef bourguignon and the pastry case in which it was in was as hard as a rock. The vegetables were a disgrace. The broccoli was a mush...boiled to nothing and completely lacking in flavour. When we went to pay we mentioned this to the lady who got someone else to speak to us. She than went into the kitchen and came out to us asking if we would like a free desert on the house! We declined as we wanted to get out of the place. There is much better out there!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank NormaCork

• Polish first
“Very ordinary”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here the other day- apart from nice brown bread, very ordinary soup & salad. Coffee pretty average. There are not many places in Wilton for a nice lunch but there is better value for the same price- about 10€ - in the other cafes & pubs in the area.

3 Thank User0407
cork
“under cover”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

was there a good few times.the carvery lunch ok.potatoes where rock hard,service ok and tea and coffee,pub scene ok.cup oftea 2 euros ans cofee ok.near the cuh .and wilton shopping centre.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank foxtrotCork
Cork
“Handy place to go if you have a patient in the hospital.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was keeping my partner company whilst she was a patient in the CUH this week.It was Tuesday evening and I needed some traditional hot food so thought try the Wilton Bar as I've been there a few times over the years and knew I would get what I required.
Keeping in mind for the past few days I'd been on the sandwich diet and with no hot dinners available in the hospital canteen this week I had little choice.
I was too late for the carvery dinner but I had the bar menu to choose from and there it was Irish stew easy choice. The serving was bigger than mothers that's very large portion in a large leaf shaped bowl with four cuts of bread on the stew served with two scoops of potatoes(mother scoops).The stew was absolutely divine spot on chef. I've got this stew in other Cork restaurants before but they failed on both taste and size. The staff are friendly and helpful the cost was below €16 for main course and a mineral drink. Looks a nice place for a coffee and cake as well.Will be back soon

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PJ M
“Carvery Lunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

4 of us went here new years eve for a drink. The carvery lunch had lots on menu. We all decided to go for it. Each one of us had something different. I had roast Lamb, with all the trimmings,very good size portion. We all enjoyed our meal, One negative, the veg could have been warmer.
Even so I would recommend it. Also the Beamish taste great. I will go back for that alone.

• Visited December 2012