“Underwhelming”

Woolshed Baa & Grill
Ranked #237 of 668 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Barbecue, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Woolshed is an Australian/ Southern Hemisphere themed Sports Bar with 3 Gigantic HD projector screens and 15 , 50" HD plasmas. Showing every kind of sport from Soccer to Basketball, Rugby to Ice Hockey and as we say "If its on, were showing it!". Serving American Style cuisine, choose from our sizable sharing platters or indulge in our renowned burgers #munstersmessiest or our variety of chicken wings. Areas available for private events including our giant games (Jenga, Connect 4, Beer Pong), Party food and a private bar. We also cater for 21st, Birthdays, Corporate events etc. "So where the bloody hell are ya?"
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Go to the craft beer bar next door, much better choice & service. I was waiting at the bar to order & got chatting to the person next to me, their comment was that you wouldn't want to be thirsty as he'd been there waiting for ages while the bar maid was off chatting to people at one of the tables.

Didn't bother me too much waiting but when I ordered my drinks I got served something I didn't ask for & was then told I had ordered it! Needless to say I just no thanks & waiting patiently until I got what I wanted, took a while but I held firm & kept smiling.

If you like sports bars then maybe this is the place for you as no matter where you sit you can't avoid seeing a tv screen.

Can't comment on the food but have heard it's ok from friends.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Sunday was my 4th time eating here with friends, loved it yet again. The staff who were all irish that day were super friendly.The food was really tasty and fresh. The atmosphere was really chilled, which we loved. The only fault i would have is that they dont do takeaway anymore, we live nearby so wanted to take it away as they have done before in plastic containers, but i suppose that isnt a fault but just their policy which is cool. will be back again. Its a must try for people who have not already tried. :)

1  Thank jncork
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Relaxed casual atmosphere, good bar food and a nice cold beer to watch a game.

Man Heaven!

1  Thank P H
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went to the Mardyke Entertainment Complex with a group.
We had a fantastic night out with food, drink and leisure. there was something for everyone the guys played pool while the girls enjoyed some karaoke then we all played some bowling. Fabulous place with bars to suit all, a great sports bar- the woolshed where we watched the match and had some grub, a chilled out bar Urban rewind and a cool upstairs bar with a DJ :)
Top Venue!

2  Thank fancypantsdave
Patrick A, Public Relations Manager at Woolshed Baa & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves in having something for everyone. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to have you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

went for lunch. had seen menu and was impressed. Had the burger and chips. Although there was no one else in the place, service was very slow. Staff were very friendly, but once order was taken, it took quite a long time for a very very basic burger in a bun with some chips to arrive.

Despite trying to impress a visitor to Cork, I won't be back. In fact, I had to apologise to him for the quality of the meal. Thats a pity.

Patrick A, Public Relations Manager at Woolshed Baa & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Hello. Thanks for your review. I passed it on to our Management team and they sincerely apologised .We are doing our best to find the reason behind the slow service on that day but as we know ourselves there should be no excuses. We hope we haven't lost your custom forever.
Thanks again for your review.