“brilliant food efficient service”
Review of The Castle Cafe

The Castle Cafe
Ranked #41 of 656 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Castle Cafe is a fully Licensed restaurant and cafe located at Blackrock castle, Cork.We serve brunch and lunch 7 days a week from 10am until 5pm and dinner from 5pm until 9pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

could not speak higher about this spot
met for lunch
tight on time
friendly efficient happy staff
quality food served quickly during a busy seasonal period
Genuinely I could not ask for more .
Quality soup and sandwich on delightful bread .
Fair Play

There are newer reviews for The Castle Cafe

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We came here for lunch with some friends on the recommendation of family members who live in Cork. We were not disappointed. Lovely location, great atmosphere and very kid-friendly (plenty of space for the buggy, asked if we wanted a high chair etc - wish all restaurants were like this!). There was a great choice on the menu, and the quality of the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. If I had a minor criticism, it would be that the staff member at the entrance wasn't particularly friendly - it was raining on the day we visited and she practically grabbed our umbrellas from our hands without asking, as she didn't want us taking them to our seats and dripping water on the floor. Aside from this minor fault, we had a fabulous lunch and would definitely recommend this cafe/restaurant.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant. The food is delicious, the staff are very attentive, and the surroundings and atmosphere are second to none. I regularly go here with friends, family and on my own. Brunch and lunch are superb value. It's buzzing and ideal if you need a quick, non-fussy bite or if you prefer to linger and chat. It's also perfect for a special occasion. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Paid a trip to the cafe for brunch. My partner chose a Lebanese flatbeard with lamb which she really enjoyed and it looked good too. I opted for Serrano ham, basil, avocado, hazelnut and lime sandwich. Everything was fresh and tasty, but a slim pickings. The avocado was only a light skimming on the bread and I think I chewed 2 hazelnuts. A bit disappointed. We shared a dessert that was described as bananas with chocolate on a hazelnut and caramel biscuit with cream. It was bannoffe pie in a glass - again tasty, but an odd way to describe the dish.
Overall reasonable value and friendly staff and a great place to go before or after a brisk walk along the river.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, but it is always crowded. For the people like me who are unable to plan their weekly activities, do not go there if you don't pre-book. They are always bussy. The restaurant is great looking,clean,has nice big tables outside and the most pleasant staff.