“Favourite lunch spot”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“Favourite lunch spot”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I tend to go here midweek when I feel like a lunchtime treat at work! I have stuck with nearly the same order as I enjoy it so much - bruscetta topped with fresh chopped tomatoes and a side of buffalo mozeralla, paired with an italian hot chocolate drink. I'm a fan of fresh flavousome food and this is exactly what you get here.
The staff are always so friendly and courteous. I like sitting at the window seats as its a nice place to people spot and watch the busy shopping street outside. I am looking forward to trying it out for dinner sometime soon!

• Visited December 2012

Waterford, Ireland
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We decided to try this place for lunch. When we arrived downstairs was full but there were tables upstairs which quickly filled up after we arrived. We had the leek and potato soup which was very good and the bruschetta with tomatoes and basil. The portion was very large but I must admit it was not as good as we were expecting. Normally when you have this you leave wondering how the chef can make such a simple tomato dressing with virgin olive oil and you can never do the same at home – but this time there was something missing as far as finesse goes. It was nice but a lot of oil meant that the bruschetta was totally soggy. Both pasta dishes were excellent – my wife preferred mine and I hers. I opted for the tiramisu for dessert. I had high expectations but when I tasted it the creaminess and textures were indeed excellent but I could not taste any coffee liqueur. What could have been an excellent dessert was only mediocre. Staff were attentive however we did have to wait 35mins between our starter and main course. We weren’t in a rush but this was too long to wait. Expresso coffee was one of the best I have had. I think we were unfortunate that we caught the restaurant on an off day.

• Visited March 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Great Lunch time treat”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

3 of us recently enjoyed an excellent and authentic Italian lunch at Italee.
You cannot book a table at Italee so if you want to lunch there, best to arrive between 12:30 and 12:45.
We had Risotto, Lasagne and Rigatoni, one glass wine and 2 coffees. This cost us €33 and to be honest, I found this to be expensive for what we got, but the taste made the bill seem just a little bit palatable.

Service is really good and all the staff are friendly Italian.

Our only issue was that we were charged on the double for one of our mains. This was probably just an innocent mistake, but I do believe they should be more careful with their billing there.

One of our party of three left early, paid for his food, but the remaining two were charged for the full bill again, thus paying twice for one meal.

We accepted later that this was a genuine mistake, but a good 'tilling' system would help to mitigate against this kind of mistake in the future.

I would recommend it. Just watch what you are charged.

• Visited March 2013
ggabbro g, Owner at Italee, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Firstly,we would like to apologize for the mistake we made on your bill.
We promise we will look into our tilling system to avoid any look alike mistake.
Please fell free to call in any time you like for the refund of the amount you've
been overcharged.
Thanks for taking the time to write the review.
Best regards

Michele Monaco
Barcelona, Spain
“Simple and good”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I often go to Italee for their amazing hot chocolate and tiramisu - the latter is to die for. The staff is very nice and easy going. It's not the cheapest place to eat but it's good ingredients prepared by people who know about cooking. One little detail though, I'd love to see more vegetarian options on their menu.

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab little place”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We were on a visit to cork and only just tripped over this little place, staff were the real deal, coffee and hot choc were best we have had anywhere, just perfect , t
My wife had a choc moose that came in a glass cup, it was just beautiful and i had a stawberry tart that was again perfect, noticed some main course that people ordered and they looked yum.
Will be back here again on our next trip, loved the place