“A delicious italian treat.”
Review of Italee

Italee
Ranked #57 of 668 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This small Italian run restaurant situated on lower Oliver Plunkett street, is a real treat for anyone who wants an authentic taste of Italy.
The restaurant is small with only a few tables on the ground floor and about 8 on the first.
As far as I can make out, all of the staff are native Italian. (Well at least, they all speak excellent Italian) Our waitress was very attentive, knowledable and friendly without being intrusive.

We shared a plate of traditional antipasto and it was plenty for two. It consisted of cured meats, olives, mushrooms, artichoke heart, cheese (I think mozzarella), grilled vegetables, and was lightly dressed in a very flavoursome olive oil. Very nice bread accompanied this dish.

I then had a plate of Orecchiette with smoked pancetta (€9.50) and it was delicious, my guest had the Pasta in tomato sauce (€7.50) and the sauce was freshly made and bursting with flavour.
Note to Italee: A little piece of bread to mop up the main course sauce would have been the 'icing on the cake' - so to speak.

We had a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, which is priced at a meagre €15 and it was a delicious accompaniment to our meal.
Coffee was offered, but we declined this time, however judging by the huge and very elaborate italian coffee machine on the ground floor, I guess that Italee do great coffees too.

The upstairs dining room is very comfortable, but could do with some softening especially during the evening meal serving; I could see a large Murano glass chandelier hanging very nicely there. No doubt, it won't be long before Italee proprieters will be able to afford to add such an extravagant piece to the decor ;-))

If you like Italian food - Italee must go on your 'to do' list.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Lovely little gem in Cork City, the menu is small, but when you have everything done to perfection you dont need 100 items on the menu. For real italian coffee shop style definately worth a visit - not for you if you like fake italian pizza and pasta. A real find! well done to the owners for keeping it real.

2  Thank cocopopsb84
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Delicious lunch (panini with tomato, mozzarella and basil) and the coffee is amazing! Superb service and a lovely relaxed atmosphere!

1  Thank Chantelle W
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Normally I find some course drags the overall experience of a restaurant down. In this case it kept getting better all the time. Service was very good too. I will be back. Nothing pretentious but all expectations exceeded!

1  Thank ZingerGR
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My colleagues and I go here when we can for our morning coffee as we work nearby. The coffee is wonderful and not over priced. it has gotten very popular and sometimes it's hard to get a seat but otherwise we all love the place. never been for lunch but have seen the food being prepped and it looks great.

2  Thank dominoe39