“Most enjoyable lunch I've had in years”
Review of The Brook Inn

The Brook Inn
Ranked #54 of 690 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Business is a family run Restaurant Bar. Our Food is locally sourced, freshly prepared and cooked. We have a number of awards and are a member of Good Food Ireland We change our Menus to take advantage of the seasonality of our food.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Mature couple Cork, Having read poor reviews I felt I had to write of my experience yesterday (Monday) - my first visit and definitely not my last. We had not booked. Arrived at 1pm - 4 of us. We ordered 4 mains, shared 2 desserts, had 3 glasses of wine (driver abstained), 4 coffees and free refills. Total 84 euro. Presentation, taste, service was excellent. Friendliest prompt service I've had in a long time. All 4 of us would recommend it absolutely.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have eaten twice here in the past week and have found both occasions excellent. The place was buzzing buzy on a Thursday evening at 6pm (the last week before Christmas may have helped explain this) An excellent "early bird" menu was running to 9pm Tues to Thurs. We mostly had steaks and they were generous portions and done as asked for and tasty and tender. 3 courses all for €26 incl a glass of wine, great value
On following Sat was here with a big group and had the Christmas menu, excelllent duck confit, sea bream, desert, for €29 on a sat night.
Good value, pub atmosphere, friendly staff, good pints, nice wine choice. They deserve to be as busy as they are

Reviewed October 23, 2012

in brook inn today for lunch, i must say it was not as good as the last time i was there but it was ok. the veg were very poor but the chicken was fantastic and the croquets were destroyed with an over generous content off herbs.
my wife also had chicken with chips but the chips were far from being correct, but i must say in all fairness that it was the very end off lunch time so this could account for some off these problems but i will call again.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We ate there last night and my fillet steak was quite tough we complained ant the manageress agreed to give a refund but we refused the offer. She said she would give a free meal the next night to which we agreed. Just a note to say the menu is limited and has not changed in quite a while. a bit pricey too.starter 11euro and steak 28 euro.

1  Thank hamlet11
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went there on a Monday night 2 weeks ago with my partner and another couple. I asked for a small chicken salad and was told no straight away,I asked if there was any way any kind of a small salad could be made up and again was told no without asking the kitchen would it be possible. As a regular customer of 4 years i was very disappointed and will not be returning. The 4 of us were out for a 3 course meal as the other couple were from Wexford it was their first time there. We got up to leave and the waitress did nothing to encourage us to stay with any other menu options. Suprising in these economic times that restaurants are doing nothing to promote business,also tried contacting the manager on 3 different occasions to no avail.

1  Thank Caroline B