“Home away from home.”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm a regular. The staff are always so friendly and ordering something not exactly from the menu is never a problem . Their baked potatoes are to die for....and wifi is another bonus. It's my local!

There are newer reviews for Nosh+Coffee Cafe

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Excellent Coffee, excellent staff and excellent food. Comfortable seating and a great place to watch the world go by.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nosh + Coffee in Carey's Lane is my savour each and every day for my first, second and last cup of coffee of the day before heading to work in some offices located just behind in Opera Lane.

First thing I'm going to mention is the staff (As you see from my other reviews, staff always play a big roll in whether or not I'll return somewhere.) This cafe couldn't have recruited better staff to oversee the day to day runnings of the store, always friendly, always attentive and always wanting to go that extra mile to make sure everything is perfect for you.

Nosh + Coffee is the only cafe that I see the staff make an effort to try to say "Goodbye" to all the customers who leave the store, now obviously this is not always possible e.g. when its busy but thats understandable.

The food in Nosh + Coffee Carey's Lane is exceptional, great wholesome food - made fresh for you then and there. Far too many places now have ready made meals, thrown in a freezer ... defrost and serve to the customer, which sometimes leaves the food tasting bland and boring. This is not the case here, the food is always made fresh and served up to your liking. Its worth noting actually that this store is one of the better of the Nosh + Coffee Franchise, this one and the one in Mahon Point are exceptional when it comes to the franchise.

Bewley's coffee is served fresh in Nosh + Coffee and is always made to perfection without issues. As many people know from my old reviews, I never used to be a fan of Bewleys Coffee I used to think it was very bland, but when I started experiencing the coffee made correctly, by people who we can actually call Barista's (Because nowadays this term is used very loosely to describe people who make coffee.) I've actually learned to love Bewley's Coffee, so much that I now buy Bewley's Beans for my home espresso machine.

The interior of the store is bright, vibrant and chic recently having new wallpaper installed downstairs, I have to say its very nice indeed. Plenty of seating both upstairs, outside and downstairs and always plenty of room for a buggy (as with a lot of new families, we find it hard to find places to accommodate us and the pram.)

The owner of Nosh + Coffee in Carey's Lane is onto a gem here, a vibrant and very busy little cafe in the heart of Cork City, this place certainly deserves more recognition. I for one, personally love it.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We needed breakfast on a Sunday and Nosh gave us wifi while we waited for them to open, with beautiful coffees, hot out of the oven pastries, and a clean toilet room. Very good and nice indoor or outdoor seating.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A warm haven on a chilly morning, with good coffee and scones. Love the book exchange upstairs. But like far too many places the cake comes too early or vice versa.Why can't they come together? I guess it's to sell another slice/cup but it's just annoying. However, free wifi and the cosiness were appreciated.

1  Thank jayjay163