“50/50”

Cuisines: Seafood
Cork, Ireland
“50/50”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Was really looking forward to my visit here, its been in Cork awhile now and just never got around to getting there, heard good things about it.
Friend got the Hake and I got the Cod....fish was Yum, really nice and worth the visit and it was cooked there and then and tasted it, but the chips were scarce and didn't come with peas either, you've to ask for all the extras, for the price of it (€8.50) I was thinking it would be included.
Service was very good and fast. Fish was lovely and really tasted fresh, but won't be rushing back I'm afraid, was really looking forward to this and was let down slightly.

• Visited November 2013

Cork
“Best fish and chips in ireland”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I regularly eat from the fish Hatch and I am delighted to see it now reviewed on tripadvsior. It is the best fish and chips in Ireland done fresh right in front of you. I think that it is priced good for what you get and it is fresh. Most takeaway's have pre cooked frozen food. You pay here for what you get, quality with a smile. well done fish hatch.

• Visited August 2013
“Complete rip off”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to this takeaway last night after Bruce Springsteen concert.
Long queue which took almost an hour to get served.
I had cod and chips and my friend ask just for large chips.
There was about 15 chips in a large box.
No drinks available.
I don't know if it was a case of being unprepared or just rob the tourist.
Never again.

• Visited July 2013
Cork
“only if drunk”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

though would give it a go. Price looked good with a professional kitchen behind the hatch. The presentation was good and was really looking forward to eating. That was where the pleasure ended.After the first bite I knew I was in trouble. The cooking oil was old and gave a very unpleasant taste to the fish. I felt the fish was also quite old but the overall flavour was from the oil. The chips was totally under-cooked. I put the whole lot in the bin and went else where. I would advice the same to anyone unless looking for soakage.

• Visited May 2013
Gdansk
“Have the fish cakes!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A good experience - fast service, my husband's fish cakes and my cod were hand breaded and fried right in front of us. My cod was nice & crispy, but like others have mentioned, it needed more seasoning. Drowning it in tartar sauce & lemon saved the day. The chips (fries) were good & fresh, the mushy peas were the best thing in the box. Everything was nicely packed with utensils, malt vinegar, ketchup & tartar sauce. The fish cakes were outstanding. I'll have those the next time I eat there.

• Visited April 2013